2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
    Been a lot of drama following Antonio brown around in Pittsburgh here recently. Sounds crazy but wouldn’t be suprised if he was on the move this off season. No doubt a game changing WR but also no doubt he’s your typical diva WR. But man if Dallas would make a move for him and he meshed well with the offense cowboys would be instant division favorites IMO
    Too expensive. We will be paying Zeke and most likely Dak will get a contract too. I am sure our cap space will fill quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Are people ready to believe Dak is the QB moving forward?? IMHO there is no need to bring another high priced wide out unless you have a QB that can consistently get them the ball. Dak missed Cooper on a play where he was wide open and maybe would have scored. This happens way to often with Dak.

You could see the frustration on Cooper's face. A lot of wide outs would be causing all kinds of drama... Cooper can ball and just needs an accurate passer to get him the ball... Once doubled that will give the other guys opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Are people ready to believe Dak is the QB moving forward?? IMHO there is no need to bring another high priced wide out unless you have a QB that can consistently get them the ball. Dak missed Cooper on a play where he was wide open and maybe would have scored. This happens way to often with Dak.

You could see the frustration on Cooper's face. A lot of wide outs would be causing all kinds of drama... Cooper can ball and just needs an accurate passer to get him the ball... Once doubled that will give the other guys opportunities.
        I totally agree. I’m not sure he has ‘it’.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
          It was anything but a bye. Almost got VEsh hurt. They sure played hard to not care. The defense I hope was on a bye.
          They accomplished what they wanted to do, play the players that needed to play, rest the players that needed the rest, win the game, also they pulled Lawrence and Gregory, that gave Manning a lot of time to throw the ball, defense is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
            I totally agree. I’m not sure he has ‘it’.
            This is what I've been saying since last year. I'm not sure he will ever become more accurate, they may not be able to "teach" him to throw accurately. I will say he need to work in his footwork. He throws off his back foot a lot. This might be why he seems to be more accurate on the run, when he's not trying to plant his feet in the pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              This is what I've been saying since last year. I'm not sure he will ever become more accurate, they may not be able to "teach" him to throw accurately. I will say he need to work in his footwork. He throws off his back foot a lot. This might be why he seems to be more accurate on the run, when he's not trying to plant his feet in the pocket.

He misses a couple of touchdown passes nearly every game. It also muffles the offense and that the coaching stafff understands his limitations and they run short plays. They have the wideouts to stretch the defense just missing the passer.

Comment

How bout we get him a QB coach that has actual coaching experience? Would be a good start. Dak will be fine. He's a B quarterback but can win in the 4th quarter and not turn the ball over. There aren't any Mahommes in the 2nd round in 2019 either. Unless you are going to try and sign a veteran free agent Dallas doesn't have much of a choice. I would object to overpaying Cousins or Foles just the same.

Comment

I believe Dak can improve his accuracy, Romo did, he was not very accurate early on in his career, later on he was one of the most accurate, I think it is all footwork and or mechanics, no doubt he will get better, I think the Cowboys can win with him, they have the formula to win with him, O line, great back, number 1 receiver, maybe a good tight end, and a very good defense, at least they have the makings of all of those.

Comment

Touch and accuracy are given talents. They can improve his foot work for a littlebetter accuracy.

Comment

I think Dak has 50 NFL starts under his belt. He is what he is. He’ll make some plays and he’ll miss a whole bunch of wide open ‘gimmes’ either because of inaccuracy or because he just never even sees them. I’m interested to see what the cowboys are going to do with him long term. Not sure they’ll have many options. Good NFL quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. Hopefully the defense and run game can carry them and Dak can do enough to make a playoff run.

BTHO the Seahawks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cowboys have to make a huge decision with Dak coming up pretty soon, they could do the franchise thing with him like Redskins did with Cousins, I am afraid that would cause a lot of controversy for the team, I think they sign him to a long term contract that will pay him as a mid level talent, 18-22 M a year for 5-6 years, 60-80 M guaranteed.

Comment

Couldn’t they sign him to some sort of incentive based contract where there isn’t a bunch of guaranteed money unless he performs well? Not the most knowledgeable about how NFL contracts are handled so sorry if this is a dumb question. A contract like that would make since for Dak though as inconsistent as he is. His NFL career has really just started though. Hard for me to label him anything at this point. If he shows no signs of improved accuracy and getting the ball out quicker next year then I’d say it’s time to move on. Too soon to give up on him OR pay him big money at this point in his career.

Comment

Bob sturm (the ticket host) proposed you offer him a 5 year extension for $100M fully guaranteed. You basically get him for < $17M a year when you count his 4th year of his rookie deal. I think this makes sense and cant think you would be able to get a better deal based on what the market for QBs is. Dak would have to think long and hard to turn down $100 guaranteed.

Jerry is dumb though and has already made up his mind to sign him long term so now Dak has all the bargaining power.

Comment

32-16. One game better than Sean Peyton at 31-17

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

32-16. One game better than Sean Peyton at 31-17

That's unbelievable. I would not have ever guessed that.

Comment

Working...
                                X