No announcement yet.

2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dak has to start getting rid of the ball quicker if he wants to keep playing.

Michael Gallop could be a pro bowl player if Dak could just get him the ball. I think he is going to be pretty good one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      I apologize to Dak. After watching Brees last week, Wilson tonight and the guy for Minysoda. Playing QB is just hard. Very few great ones. Very few good ones. Lots of average Joe's. Those average Joe's are still pretty darn good! Humbeling job.
      6 billion people on planet earth and only 10 dudes or so can play QB at the highest level at any one point....go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post

Michael Gallop could be a pro bowl player if Dak could just get him the ball. I think he is going to be pretty good one day.

I think Gallup is good but he quit on his route on the go down the left side and started back up. The replay showed it and the commentator pointed it out...... Dak overthrew him but I can understand that throwing the timing off.

I also read (by several folks) that Gallup was lazy coming out of his double move on the pass down the right side against the Saints Dak "missed".

I'm as big a Dak critic as there is but if these are all timing routes it sounds like Gallup also needs to pull his head out of his *** and be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post

Agree on gallop but there is a reason cooper has more catches. Gallops timing on one long ball in particular was way off. He could be great and dont think he is far off.

Comment

Gallop takes plays off. Or he quits on a few routes if covered. He can work out of both of those.

Comment

Gallop takes plays off. Or he quits on a few routes if covered. He can work out of both of those.

Comment

Gallop quit on a couple of routes. NFL= Not For Long!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  6 billion people on planet earth and only 10 dudes or so can play QB at the highest level at any one point....go figure
                  Bingo

Comment

Not trying to take up for Gallup but Dak has missed him badly on several throws this year, they will get it figured out and Cooper and Gallup will be a great tandem for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      Not trying to take up for Gallup but Dak has missed him badly on several throws this year, they will get it figured out and Cooper and Gallup will be a great tandem for a long time.

Good idea....You shouldn't be taking up for Gallup...

Sounds like they both could have some fault in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I think Gallup is good but he quit on his route on the go down the left side and started back up. The replay showed it and the commentator pointed it out...... Dak overthrew him but I can understand that throwing the timing off.

I also read (by several folks) that Gallup was lazy coming out of his double move on the pass down the right side against the Saints Dak "missed".

I'm as big a Dak critic as there is but if these are all timing routes it sounds like Gallup also needs to pull his head out of his *** and be consistent.
                        One that they mentioned he quit on was 3 yards out of bounds as well as overthrown, I believe.

Dak is consistently inconsistent, and really the only reason these last two games have been games is because of his turnovers.

We will be a good team, but he is an average QB. Respect him though.

Comment

The biggest thing that bothers me is the misses... Im glad we are finally throwing it down the field but sometimes it feels as if Dak is literally just throwing it deep to say that he tried a couple of times. I just think that if you are in the NFL and your WR has 2-3 steps only 30-40 yards down the field you should make that throw 9-10 times. Dak missed by 5 freaking yards 3 times this last game and I just don't think that is acceptable. The 2nd INT was horrible that ball has got to be there everytime and somehow he overthrows by 5 yards.

BUT a win is a win and the guy keeps finding a way to get it done in the end, the scary part is if he learns to hit gallup.. instead of 450 yards passing we are talking 600 yards... I think with time Dak can do it I just want one more year of proof I hope Jerry doesn't go sign him to 20 a year for 5 years after this year....

Comment

Like it or not, 20mil a year is what his skill level commands these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Creed Killer View Post
                              The biggest thing that bothers me is the misses... Im glad we are finally throwing it down the field but sometimes it feels as if Dak is literally just throwing it deep to say that he tried a couple of times. I just think that if you are in the NFL and your WR has 2-3 steps only 30-40 yards down the field you should make that throw 9-10 times. Dak missed by 5 freaking yards 3 times this last game and I just don't think that is acceptable. The 2nd INT was horrible that ball has got to be there everytime and somehow he overthrows by 5 yards.

BUT a win is a win and the guy keeps finding a way to get it done in the end, the scary part is if he learns to hit gallup.. instead of 450 yards passing we are talking 600 yards... I think with time Dak can do it I just want one more year of proof I hope Jerry doesn't go sign him to 20 a year for 5 years after this year....
                              I agree completely. Dak did his best to both give away this game with his interceptions and fumbles, and win it with his playmaking ability.
                              Jerry, please don't overpay Dak, or sign him to a new contract, before you have to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazon has a show "All Or Nothing", and in season 3 (2017 season) they followed the Dallas Cowboys. They had access to team meetings, etc. At the end of practices, Dak and Garrett had a competition throwing at objects around them. It might be a trash can, the corner of a goal post, a star on the wall, etc. I don't remember Dak winning any of those competitions. Coach Jason Garrett, a retired backup quarterback, won them all. If our starting quarterback can't throw more accurately than someone that was never good enough to start in the NFL, that worries me. I do believe he has many great qualities a NFL quarterback needs, toughness, great on the run, etc, but he has to improve on his accuracy downfield.

If you have an Amazon Firestick our Prime membership, you should be able to watch All Or nothing for free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X