No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my first trip to Rocksprings of the year, coming up next month. Was sweatin it thinking I might not get to go. Now I'm starting to get excited, and this thread isn't calming me down any!

Comment

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
      Finally got my first trip to Rocksprings of the year, coming up next month. Was sweatin it thinking I might not get to go. Now I'm starting to get excited, and this thread isn't calming me down any!
      Sweet brotha! Maybe these could help too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We rattled this buck in at 1pm last Tuesday (our 11th to rattle in so far this season). Great hunt on our lease in Real Co. Pics are always sideways!!!!!!!!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sako View Post
          We rattled this buck in at 1pm last Tuesday (our 11th to rattle in so far this season). Great hunt on our lease in Real Co. Pics are always sideways!!!!!!!!!!
          Nice!

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Had a good trip to the hill country over the weekend. I checked my cams and got some of the best elk pictures I’ve ever gotten. All the same regular suspects but mostly daytime shots and my main target ‘Pinchers’ went from camera shy to having a photo shoot one day.

Thursday morning I had a buck I don’t know from camera come in, and he shook me up enough that I shot him. Not the biggest by any means but I needed to get on the board with some antler and also really want to just go after the elk. 22 yard shot, he took a step as I fired and I thought I hit further back than I did. He ran off and laid down, after 30 seconds of him not death kicking I ranged him at 57 and sent another one. That finished him.

Called in two sika as well but never heard from the elk. Aoudad were all over this weekend as well.
            Last edited by Patton; 12-03-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              Had a good trip to the hill country over the weekend. I checked my cams and got some of the best elk pictures I’ve ever gotten. All the same regular suspects but mostly daytime shots and my main target ‘Pinchers’ went from camera shy to having a photo shoot one day.

Thursday morning I had a buck I don’t know from camera come in, and he shook me up enough that I shot him. Not the biggest by any means but I needed to get on the board with some antler and also really want to just go after the elk. 22 yard shot, he took a step as I fired and I thought I hit further back than I did. He ran off and laid down, after 30 seconds of him not death kicking I ranged him at 57 and sent another one. That finished him.

Called in two sika as well but never heard from the elk. Aoudad were all over this weekend as well.
              Congrats!! Good luck on that Elk!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck Patton and "Pinchers" is off the charts! I hope you can get him. Will you pick up the rifle for him or just go straight archery for him? He is a heck of a Texas elk. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  Nice buck Patton and "Pinchers" is off the charts! I hope you can get him. Will you pick up the rifle for him or just go straight archery for him? He is a heck of a Texas elk. Good luck!
                  Thanks Hunter! Later today I’ll post up pics of him going back to 2016. I’ve ‘made the rounds’ on the exotics out there and am limiting myself to just archery for any sika, axis, or aoudad. Pinchers is a little bit more special and I would be fine breaking out the rifle. On Saturday I was actually carrying my bow and had my rifle strapped to my pack. I have a little over 2 months before he drops antlers, but won’t be able to hunt out there until (possibly) New Years. If he sheds, I’ll b after him with a bow in early September.

Comment

Thanks Hunter! Later today I’ll post up pics of him going back to 2016. I’ve ‘made the rounds’ on the exotics out there and am limiting myself to just archery for any sika, axis, or aoudad. Pinchers is a little bit more special and I would be fine breaking out the rifle. On Saturday I was actually carrying my bow and had my rifle strapped to my pack. I have a little over 2 months before he drops antlers, but won’t be able to hunt out there until (possibly) New Years. If he sheds, I’ll b after him with a bow in early September.
                    No shame either way

Comment

Man.. thats a crazy huge elk.. weve never seen more than a young spike on our place. Granted, I'm pumped to have any at all. We do have some massive cow elk though.

That audad got tore up by something on that one side!

Comment

Great pictures Patton. I bet that elk will empty that protein feeder in a hurry. We have a bunch of white tail on our place that has the exact same characteristics of the deer you shot.

Comment

Patton, that's an awesome bull!
                          I've only ever gotten a single pic of one that size at my place.

Comment

that is a STUD Texas elk.

We have a pic of one this year that I thought was huge...... until I saw your picture!!!!!

Comment

I'm heading out to my ranch this weekend and next. Hoping for some decent activity. December is typically the best month to hunt out there. Rut should be in early phase, as they usually breed late December through early January at my place. But I'm more interested in the exotics these days any ways.

Comment

Nice guys!

My dad is going out Early tomorrow and I'm headed out after work in Friday!

Big rain in the forecast but i hope the brunt of it stays north of us

Comment

Working...
                                X