No announcement yet.

2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel they run the ball every 1st down bc they have more confidence in zeke than they do in dak.

Comment

Dak cannot hit the broadside of a barn standing inside.. he gets paid to throw the ball and hit the target . ARGGG not sure why I even bother .

Comment

I guess according to some of you football is a one man sport.
        Can’t blame the QB every week for the win or the loss and this game definitely did not come down to one play. The fumble play definitely hurt but remember, he would have never been in that position without flags being thrown. Not saying some of his mistakes didn’t help cost us the game, but it was not his mistakes alone that cost us the game.

Comment

When defenses stack the line of scrimmage the QB has to make them pay, we have 6 guys blocking 8 with a spy on Zeke, that is a pretty tall order for a running back. I am not even sure if we had Gronk or Julio Jones that it would matter, until Dak throws the ball before the receiver gets open this is what we are going to have, and he has to throw it accurately, he could get better but I do not see one of those big contracts in his near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Jerry Jones is the problem. Not the players or coach. Get Jerry out and hire a GM that knows fotball and players and hire a coach that knows football and not a YES man to Jerry.
            That is the #1 problem right there. I have noticed the 2 Jones up in their bullet proof booth now have I-pads in front of them now instead of head phones and a play sheet. Don't think for a minute that there aren't plays being sent down from those two. Garrett is on the sidelines just for looks. No tin foil hat required to figure out the real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              I guess according to some of you football is a one man sport.
              Can’t blame the QB every week for the win or the loss and this game definitely did not come down to one play. The fumble play definitely hurt but remember, he would have never been in that position without flags being thrown. Not saying some of his mistakes didn’t help cost us the game, but it was not his mistakes alone that cost us the game.

I think you will find the football acumen of most of the folks discussing football here consistently, is well above your "one man sport" epiphany. There are most certainly "ballwatchers" but many of the folks posting last night and today are not that.

The glaring deficiencies at our QB position are hard to get past and since the QB manages this anemic offense, the focus is going to be on him naturally. That being said, this offensive system is putrid. 7-8 men in the box because we run every first down is going to make even a great Oline look bad. Putting this same oline into obvious passing situations because the run is stuffed lets the dline and any blitzers pin their ears back and wreak havoc.....again...making even great olines look bad at times. The rookie Connor Williams looks overmatched at times and had a lazy, lazy holding penalty on the play before the fumble....yes yes he did. But that doesn't excuse the obvious missed open receivers on the next play or the god awful fumbled TD from Dak. Penalties are drive killers no doubt...but so are missed open routes, turnovers and ****ty play calling tendencies.

I'm ready for new coaching blood. At least maybe a new OC that can infuse some life into this place. Although, Marinelli's bend don't break defense is taxing on my liver. We are pretty much stuck with most of the players so there is only one way to do something different after 8 years of mediocrity...
              Last edited by Smart; 10-22-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                That is the #1 problem right there. I have noticed the 2 Jones up in their bullet proof booth now have I-pads in front of them now instead of head phones and a play sheet. Don't think for a minute that there aren't plays being sent down from those two. Garrett is on the sidelines just for looks. No tin foil hat required to figure out the real problem.

LMFAO.... 100% tinfoil and UFO right there ..

So lets talk about this scenario? You think Jerry called for a punt on 4th and 1 against the Texans and then bitched about it being called later? You think, he "just passed" on the most important call in the game after sending down plays to Jason all game per your tinfoil thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                  real sad part is Stephen Jones is not going to be any better. when the time comes.

And you know this how? Like Dale said....Stephen reining in Jerry some is the reason we've had better draft. No Stephen and we have the Johnny Manziel **** show as a former Cowboy run though the system.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    LOL, now thats funny right there

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      And you know this how? Like Dale said....Stephen reining in Jerry some is the reason we've had better draft. No Stephen and we have the Johnny Manziel **** show as a former Cowboy run though the system.
                      I have said this before and it has been talked about a lot in the media, Stephen and Will McClay are basically running the football operations of the team, the NFL is all about the QB, if you have a good one you stand a good chance of winning, if not then you join the other 20-25 teams that are mediocre.

Comment

There are definitely issues with the more than one aspect of the team, but Dak is one of them. The system is archaic, and the offensive line that was a HUGE strength isn't terrible, but not the level they set for themselves.

As a coaching staff, when you notice the decline in an area, you need to change something. The adjustments this team fails to make in game and over time is insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          The adjustments this team fails to make in game and over time is insanity.
                          The Atlanta game from last year comes to mind as one of the more glaring examples of this

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            When defenses stack the line of scrimmage the QB has to make them pay, we have 6 guys blocking 8 with a spy on Zeke, that is a pretty tall order for a running back. I am not even sure if we had Gronk or Julio Jones that it would matter, until Dak throws the ball before the receiver gets open this is what we are going to have, and he has to throw it accurately, he could get better but I do not see one of those big contracts in his near future.
                            Then the coach needs to quit calling running plays on EVERY ****ING 1st DOWN....

Comment

Yea! Omari Cooper coming to Dallas from Oakland! Roll Tide.

Comment

2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                LMFAO.... 100% tinfoil and UFO right there ..

So lets talk about this scenario? You think Jerry called for a punt on 4th and 1 against the Texans and then bitched about it being called later? You think, he "just passed" on the most important call in the game after sending down plays to Jason all game per your tinfoil thoughts?

Maybe his IPad was just lagging when he was trying to send the ‘go for it’ play down to coach claps a lot.

Or Jerry Junior was playing fort nite on it and he couldn’t get it back fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X