Do you give to beggars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you give to beggars?

2 questions, do you give to beggars and have you ever been homeless?
    This guy just now had his whole family out with him on the corner. Him, his wife, son, daughter, and newborn.
    I must be cold hearted because I usually never give to panhandlers, I feel it’s their choices for the most part that their in that situation.
    I do however tip big and help on some gofundme’s when asked. Maybe I’m being to judgmental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re Gypsies. Probably Romanian. Don’t give them a dime.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
          They’re Gypsies. Probably Romanian. Don’t give them a dime.
          Yeah I can see that now that you mentioned it. They all looked Romanian.

Comment

Nope....

Comment

nope,

Comment

Sometimes yes. I do wonder if they are on the up and up. When I do give I try to have faith that God will use his money in the right direction.

Comment

If I have cash in my pocket I usually do. They can do whatever they want with it.

Comment

never

Comment

My first construction project in downtown Austin completely changed my view towards the homeless. I use to have sympathy and think how unfortunate it was that these people were in such a situation. I quickly found out this was the exact life they wanted to live. Further, they were the most disrespectful, straight up nasty individuals that I ever came across. I hate to compartmentalize that group as a whole, but 99% were that way. I don't give a penny to them. I personally watched a guy on the corner near the job get a few handouts, then walk over to the drug dealer nearby and to get his fix.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

No

Comment

I have and will continue but not if I suspect they are simply panhandling. I have never been destitute, and many can find themselves homeless through job losses, mental issues, and other situations beyond their control. Others choose the lifestyle.

A number of years ago, there was an article in the Rice alumni magazine about a female graduate who disappeared from her family for several or more years. By a miraculous stroke of luck she was found in San Francisco on the streets. She had developed a mental issue, and someone in San Francisco reaches out to her and quizzed her about her past. They were able to locate her family in Texas and she was reunited and got help.

One never knows.

Comment

I have heard that a lot of them make pretty good money.

Comment

I won't contribute to the delinquency of delinquents until I stop seeing "help wanted" signs.

Comment

Working...
                              X