No announcement yet.

Who has been on TBH for 10 years and never attended Bownanza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a member since 2007 and haven't been to Bownanza. I always seemed to have something else scheduled for that weekend.

Comment

Made one...met Tuthdoc...no need to make another.

Honestly the forum is better cause you can block stupid people

(I am sure no one can read this)

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
        Made one...met Tuthdoc...no need to make another.

Honestly the forum is better cause you can block stupid people

(I am sure no one can read this)
        Yeah, but some people don't know how to communicate and just type stupid things!

One needs to actually meet and exchange discourse in person so you can confirm the stupidness was not just an accidental mistyping!

Comment

Also me... I umpire HS Baseball so weekends in March belong to Baseball, the lady, or the occasional spring gobbler!

Comment

another here.. too far, too busy, too broke

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              It's been a few years, but I've been to one. How I managed that one time, I do not know. And I only live about 35 minutes from the event. In my line of work, our spring outage always fall during Nanza. This year was going to be different. It looked like I might be able to make it, being our outage is going to be a short one. And since I work at a power plant, ERCOT has the final say as when we can bring our units off line. That said, they moved our outage back a week, which will fall smack dab in the middle of Nanza, which means I will be working again.
              Now, when I went that first time, I did not feel welcome. Everybody there had their own "little groups". If you wasn't in the click, well, you probably wouldn't stay very long. Think I ended up leaving after an hour or so. Now remind you, this was maybe 10 years ago or so. Maybe it has changed.
              Hmm.....I never felt that way but I understand how that can be perceived. Remember, some of these folks are like family but don’t get the opportunity to see each other on any kind of regular basis. It stands to reason that if you only get to actually see certain family members 1 time a year you might be inclined to hangout alongside them. It’s basically a family reunion....but with folks you like

Again, I never felt unwelcomed in anyway but then again I’m pretty much a Type A kinda guy...so.........PARTY ON!
              And hangovers only last a day.....memories last forever.

We all only get one shot at this thing called LIFE!! I guess we could all just stay home??
              Last edited by RascalArms; 01-29-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I've been on here since 2009 and haven't been. Mostly because the dates haven't worked out with with my work/family schedule

Comment

Me. Not a short drive from Lubbock. It was worse when I was in Amarillo.

Comment

I've been to 3 in 8 years. It's easy to weed out the dead beats. Require a Bownanza attendance every 4 or 5 years to gain classified access.

Comment

Been here pre-crash...never been. Always too many other things going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                        March this year will be 10 years, never been to Bownanza. Seems like I'm always fishing or working when Bownanza happens.
                        Me and what he said

Comment

Over 10 years here.

Just always working it seems like, plus the drive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            Now, when I went that first time, I did not feel welcome. Everybody there had their own "little groups". If you wasn't in the click, well, you probably wouldn't stay very long. Think I ended up leaving after an hour or so. Now remind you, this was maybe 10 years ago or so. Maybe it has changed.

If you are a recluse, an introvert, socially awkward, can't introduce yourself or create a conversation, that can be the case looking from the outside because a large portion of the attendees are busting their arses with their "groups/teams" talking to trying to get food cooked and catch up with their teammates or folks they haven't seen since the last event, as they work so we can eventually go out and mingle ourselves. Those folks that know how to walk up and say howdy or shake a hand introducing themselves to those teams are the folks can really make it fun during the event for me until we can get out and mingle again ourselves. When we're slinging 400-500 chicken wings and mixing them in their sauces as folks run through the line, I try to talk to everybody that comes through the line if I can. Some folks are great and we have a **** good time if only for a few minutes, some folks stay an hour....some folks just walk up and grab their food and answer our "(Looks at Nametag) Hey ***XX, how ya doin'?"' with "ok" and then they walk off. The folks that shine are the folks that can not only walk up and introduce themselves but also accept introductions from folks they don't know except via a screen name. . Can't just sit around and wait for everybody to come up to you.... From what I have seen there are a whole bunch of those shine folks which makes Bownanza what it is.

Personally I've never had a single issue in my 8 years at Bownanza with finding or making conversation or having a great time (although Michael did put me in"jail" the first trip..).... although judging by some of the "angry folks" around this place you'd think there was a line a mile long waiting to cause some.... It's worth another shot but bring your handshake, hugs (in some cases) and friendly face...It's a requirement. Sour arse cranky people (not referring to squiggy here) need to check their sour and cranky at the gate..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bownanza -2008 002 (Medium).jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	24607505
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-29-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Like I said, that was maybe 10 years ago and I don’t think you was even there. Only person I can remember was Leon, but I had already knew him from when he came out to hog hunt.

Comment

You look very distraught in the "pen".

Comment

Working...
                                X