No announcement yet.

WE GOT DRAWN!! Powederhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went last season, and all 4 of us shot sambar. 2 stags and 2 cows. I also shot a whitetail doe. We didn't see any whitetail bucks worth shooting. The biologist told us there weren't a lot of axis, so if you saw one, shoot it. We did a LOT of walking and stalking. Some guys had easier hunts than our group. All in all it was a great hunt and we had a blast. Sambar meat is outstanding. Congratulations and good luck! PM me if you have any questions. Out of the 4 we took, 2 were with 30.06, 1 with a .338 Win Mag and 1 with a .308.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charrell71; 09-16-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
      We went last season, and all 4 of us shot sambar. 2 stags and 2 cows. I also shot a whitetail doe. We didn't see any whitetail bucks worth shooting. The biologist told us there weren't a lot of axis, so if you saw one, shoot it. We did a LOT of walking and stalking. Some guys had easier hunts than our group. All in all it was a great hunt and we had a blast. Sambar meat is outstanding. Congratulations and good luck! PM me if you have any questions. Out of the 4 we took, 2 were with 30.06, 1 with a .338 Win Mag and 1 with a .308.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Awesome!! I’ll be sending you a PM. I appreciate the info!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brother and I got drawn as well. Looking forward to this and time to start research.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
          Brother and I got drawn as well. Looking forward to this and time to start research.

Awesome!! Congrats!! We’ll have to link up. Will be nice to have some other TBH’ers on the hunt.

Comment

Fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post

You see any need for a 30cal? Just wondering if a 7mm-08 would be issue with Sambar as I don’t think they look that tough.

Comment

Another strike out w 10 preference points

Comment

That’s awesome. Congrats.

I have a “Pending 2nd Draw” festival going on. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Comment

My boys drew the youth hunt on Jan 8-9...we are beyond excited.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                      You see any need for a 30cal? Just wondering if a 7mm-08 would be issue with Sambar as I don’t think they look that tough.

Interested here as well. My boys shoot a 7mm08 and 6.5c. Wondering if I need to borrow a bigger gun....

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        My boys drew the youth hunt on Jan 8-9...we are beyond excited.

Man that’s going to be some awesome memories to share with them. Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                          Man that’s going to be some awesome memories to share with them. Congrats!!

Same to you sir, we need a live hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Same to you sir, we need a live hunt!

Oh we’ll be going live as much as we can!! Doing some bay fishing as well and taking the boat down. My dad and buddy are TBH members as well.

Comment

Oh we’ll be going live as much as we can!! Doing some bay fishing as well and taking the boat down. My dad and buddy are TBH members as well.

Awesome

Comment

My dad, buddy and I drew Powderhorn!!

Whitetail, Axis, Sambar and bay fishing….can’t get much cooler than that. Very blessed.

Anyone else get picked for this?

Anyone been on this hunt? Any information is greatly appreciated.

We should have some intel as one of our buddy’s/lease-mate drew last year!!

Man is awesome for you guys! I just checked my email and didn't see jack squat!!
                                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                                X