No announcement yet.

Just a recap on planting times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late September first weekend of October for ne in newton. We have broke the plots a few times since July. Sprayed once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tshelly that's usually our MO, but I hate doing it that close to bow season.

Comment

Late September too early for planting oats in Victoria area?

Comment

Plots look excellent, except for one. Rain coming this weekend, gonna re-seed it.

Comment

All my plots in Bosque County are prepped and ready for seed. Most likely put seed in the ground before the end of the month which is a little later than normal for me. Just way to many reports of Army worms to chance right now in my part of the world.

Rwc

Comment

I am planting on the 19th in Houston County and hoping for rain. That's the last chance I'll have to get up there before bow season.

Comment

Spraying and liming plots this weekend and not planting anything until good rains are coming in Oct. The extended forecast shows 85-90F into the last week of Sept in north TX.

Comment

Good input fellas, hope it is helping someone

Comment

Wettest summer in years accept when you need it. I planted Sept 8 in Southern Oklahoma hoping to catch some rain this week. We will see. If I need to overseed Oats and Rye are cheap.

Comment

Coryell Co
                      Planting tomorrow only because rain coming this week.
                      Last year missed the first rain and planted right after. Would you know it didn't rain for like a month after planting. Get it when you can.

Comment

Lord blessed me by putting a hole in the primer on the blower to blow seed into the grain drill. Glad I didn't plant yet. Doesn't look to good for rain in Coryell Co for the next couple of weeks.

Comment

SW Coleman Co. Planning to get my buck forage oats planted second to last weekend in Sept. Not sure it's ideal but I'd rather not make a big disturbance during bow season.

Comment

I planted wheat with a custom food plot blend mixed in last Saturday (9/11) here at my house in Nacogdoches county.

I’m not planting in OK this year, because it’s been too dry with no rain in sight.

Comment

I wait until October, before some good chances of rain and then I grain drill

September is too early for me. Rather it be fresh and tender for opening weekend plus its still too warm in Sept

I shoot for 2nd/3rd weekend in Oct.

I shredded my plots 2 weeks ago and sprayed after to kill anything coming up

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                I wait until October, before some good chances of rain and then I grain drill

September is too early for me. Rather it be fresh and tender for opening weekend plus its still too warm in Sept

I shoot for 2nd/3rd weekend in Oct.

I shredded my plots 2 weeks ago and sprayed after to kill anything coming up
                                Heck son, I already got deer eating out of my plots. Took a chance and planted early(Aug 21st). One plot did not turn out well so it got re-seeded on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X