No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We drew this Nov 6-15th as well as Laguna in Dec and my son drew Richland North Oct 31. Our freezer will be overflowing this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      We drew this Nov 6-15th as well as Laguna in Dec and my son drew Richland North Oct 31. Our freezer will be overflowing this year!
      Don’t count your chickens before they hatch!!!
      Just sayin

Comment

More stoked about Richland. We bow bunted the e-postcard last year. I put in 15 days of scouting plus all the hunting time and have a really good idea where we'll setup.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          [emoji1787]You must be really confused. I'm there for bird watching.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          That there is a black headed swamp stork. Very rare and dangerous. Your lucky to have survived.

Comment

I'm thinking of renting a UTV if anyone wants to share the cost. Or, if someone close wants to rent me one I'll do that as well. PM me if interested. I plan on being there much of the week if I can get my work done.

I'm there Oct 2nd to 11th

If not I may take my son's truck since it's a mud hog. He has a game way out in Lubbock that Friday night so I'm not sure when I'll be back Saturday. Probably get in when the gate open.

Comment

My son was drawn for a youth hunt on Halloween weekend. We have never been to this area and would be very grateful any advice we could get from you guys that have hunted it before or will be there during archery season this year. From my understanding a rifle will be allowed during this time for the youth hunters and he is allowed to shoot does also.

Comment

Talked to Kyle today. As expected, it's still wet. He doesn't expect it to dry before the first hunt and probably the second. I don't think they will let vehicles in. Just atv s or UTV s. That also probably means the west end and south side will be flooded. Water comes over the bank and gets trapped and is slow to drain. Kinda like New Orleans. I may bring waders. Last year we set up over stands of rag weed that had trails through it. The rag weed was high enough to allow deer and hogs to move through it without being seen at ground level. I'm not sure what the high water will do to the weeds. But high dry pinch points may be the ticket. Is anyone else hunting the first week?

Comment

We will be out there opening weekend. Camping the 2-4. Can’t wait, hope it dries out some.

Comment

Originally posted by CNF Outdoors View Post
                    We will be out there opening weekend. Camping the 2-4. Can’t wait, hope it dries out some.
                    Cool. I'll be out the the 2nd for orientation. I'm not sure if I am driving to Lubbock for my son's game or not. I don't think so. That's a long drive just to turn around and come back. I'll at least be out there over the weekend and probably some the first part of the week. I'm spending most of that first weekend scouting. Lotsa hogs.

Comment

Same for us. We need to get back to Houston for work on Monday - Thursday but we will be back up there the second weekend again. First time for us drawing and we hit a few. Big lake, Richland Creek North, and Enchanted Rock. Really excited for the season and hopefully we can make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        If its anything like your tn turkey hunt you are going to starve this winter

Comment

[emoji1787]You must be really confused. I'm there for bird watching.

The infamous "Glamour Shots" hunter, have been hoping to meet the Legend. Maybe our paths will cross at BLB. Being just a amateur short stick thrower I will be marvelled and in awe at your presence. Can I get your autograph?

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                            The infamous "Glamour Shots" hunter, have been hoping to meet the Legend. Maybe our paths will cross at BLB. Being just a amateur short stick thrower I will be marvelled and in awe at your presence. Can I get your autograph?
                            ABWGTX, HEY BUDDY! Short stick and a short d*** thrower.
                            Hopefully, this year you can actually kill something and get someone to take your "Glamour Shot". I'll autograph your tag sandwich if you let yourself down again.

Comment

ABWGTX, HEY BUDDY! Short stick and a short d*** thrower.
                              Hopefully, this year you can actually kill something and get someone to take your "Glamour Shot". I'll autograph your tag sandwich if you let yourself down again.
                              Yes I should take up bowling and buy new glasses, just jealous of your success. Have enjoyed your posts and great photos the last few years. Anything legal with antlers and comes off BLB is a trophy and am sure you can get it done. I would settle with a hand shake if we meet!
                              Last edited by ABWGTX; 09-22-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                                Yes I should take up bowling and buy new glasses, just jealous of your success. Have enjoyed your posts and great photos the last few years. Anything legal with antlers and comes off BLB is a trophy and am sure you can get it done. I would settle with a hand shake if we meet!
                                Dang I apologize, I honestly thought you were being a jerk. (There's alot on here). My bad! Handshake for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X