Cellular Game Camera's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Game Camera's

Need some help with you guys input with cellular game cams guys. So the last 3 yrs I have been running spypoint products on our ranch in South Texas. This year was the last straw with spypoint, I had to replace one link dark, and now today another one stop working. The customer service sucks, and frankly their products don't seem to hold up also.

So now I'm looking into other options of home cameras st this time. I have browsed on the net, and need your input on Covert, Snyper, and Spartan. All look really good and the user interface looks great as well. The one that caught my eye is the new Covert LB-A3, where you can connect up to 9 cameras to one central hub. If you guys could give me some input on your experiences with the above cameras it would be much appreciated. Thanks

I got the cuddelink cameras. 3 cameras on one plan that runs about 12 per month. I have nothing to compare them to except non cell regular trail cam. If the regular camera takes 15 photos a day the cuddelink might take 5 with settings similar. Don't think I am missing that much anyway. Starting to like the cuddelink more now.

Comment

I purchased a Stealthcam earlier this year. So far so good.
      But of the three you mentioned, a buddy of mine uses the Spartan. He raves about it and shows me pictures from the app every time we get together. His Spartan is the reason why I bought my cellular trail cam.

Comment

Yeah I really like the spartan features, and the quality of pics you get. Also i heard their customer service is excellent. That was one of my two picks for camera choices.

Comment

Spartan all the way!!!

Comment

Spartans have great quality pics but I only got about 2 years worth out of them then starting having problems. I’ve Been running Reconyx for 6 years without 1 hiccup.

Comment

I run 11 Coverts year round on my place and they are awesome. Great picture quality and maintenance free when combined with the covert solar panel.

Here is a thread that shows some of the pics I’ve got off them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Covert
                2. Spartan

Reconyx's are great if you want to go into that price range.

I run all Coverts. Customer service has been very good when needed. And, they speak English.

Comment

I run Covert cameras year round in S. Texas and no problems at all.

Comment

Another vote for covert

Comment

This is my second year running the Spartan. Other than a few challenges during setup, it’s been pretty solid.

Comment

Thanks again guys! The covert pics look really good!

Comment

Have 6 cuddelink running with no issues.
                          Also have one Tactacam reveal that is proving to be very good. Just ordered two more of those.
                          All boils down to best mo that price to me. I can have up to 24 cameras on the cuddelink plan and unlimited pictures is $180 a year total for all cameras.
                          The reveal is $5, $8, or $12 depending on how many pictures a month you want and you can suspend the account when not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            1. Covert
                            2. Spartan

Reconyx's are great if you want to go into that price range.

I run all Coverts. Customer service has been very good when needed. And, they speak English.

Spartan’s work great but their data plans are the most expensive. $10/month + $3/month for “premium credits to use the app. That’s $468 over 3 years. This really compounds with multiple cameras since you can’t share data. Reconyx and Covert give you some multiple camera discount. Synper and Cuddeback are the only ones that truly share data. Over the life of a camera (5years) you end up paying more for a Spartan than a Reconyx.

Most cheap cameras sub $200 also have expensive data plans. Stealth, Spypoint, Moultrie, even Tacatacam will end up being more expensive than a Covert or Synper over the life of the camera. And that’s even if you can get it to last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m really enjoying my new Whiteflash Spartan Camera:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X