Pat Mayse WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Mayse WMA

I got drawn for pat mayse wma in November. If anyone has hunted there before could and would you provide any tips about the place? Thanks in advance.

Get a topo of the area as it has some good ridges there

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump it for FF316, you can also call the WMA, I think the contact is in the Application booklet.

Comment

thanks for the bump, i have tried to call 3 times but all straight to voicemail

Comment

Are you hunting up there this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by FF316 View Post
            I got drawn for pat mayse wma in November. If anyone has hunted there before could and would you provide any tips about the place? Thanks in advance.
            It is a place of varying terrain. Flats and ridges.... Some pretty good ridges in spots... Lots of mast trees... Never seen so many walnuts... I hunt saddles and ridges depending on sign. Creek bottoms and lake shore is easier to walk compared to some of those ridges. A topo map can point you in the right direction far better than an aerial.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Regarding sign around ridges, what exactly should I be looking for? Upper third of the ridge? Downwind side of ridges? Spots where multiple ridges dump down to a point? Points of ridges coming together? Never hunted big ridge terrain before and planning on hunting there this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X