• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any way it goes guess ill be doing a lot of small game gunning

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
      I think they shot 70+ hogs by the Hubniks place
      Their place where 112 crosses Brushy next to Pumphry's bottom?

Comment

That doesn't make sense. They do it to time it with the private land planting. But they push all the hogs from granger today to private? Why not hunt the private and push them onto granger away from the private fields???

Comment

i never took a statistics class, but the fact that they fly almost every year, and harvest numbers go up almost every year, leads me to believe that the numbers are staying in check at best, if not going up. so whats the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            That doesn't make sense. They do it to time it with the private land planting. But they push all the hogs from granger today to private? Why not hunt the private and push them onto granger away from the private fields???
            I was referring to the fly and shoot they did a couple weeks ago that wasn't anywhere near Granger. My thoughts are just theory and not based on any information from any land owners. What they do at Granger WMA doesn't support that theory but the people that farm around there probably aren't the ones paying for the helicopter and shooter.

Comment

Hey y'all...Long time, first time. Been following this thread off and on for a bit recently as I hunt Granger and I recently took the lil ones out there to try to land a gar. Any word on when the helo hunt's going down? Surprised TPWD doesn't give more notice considering people are out there hunting and fishing year-round. I remember hunting one year just after it was just dead hogs everywhere.

Comment

Prob a good time to grab some skulls if ya want
                them lol

Comment

Just need a hacksaw and some trash bags, huh?

Comment

Thought I would clear the air on the Hog Gunning. This has never been a TPWD thing. We cooperated with Texas Animal Damage Control and the surrounding neighbors (to be a good neighbor). We did not want to appear as to "safe harboring" the hogs. We have always allowed the hogs to be harvested in unlimited numbers and encouraged year-around hunting with bows and crossbows. The hogs do provide some great recreational opportunity, but they are not native and not welcome.

That being said they obviously are not going away - so have fun - there may be a dip in the population in the weeks to follow, but they'll be back. TREY

Comment

Trey, why did yall pull all the signs down?

Comment

Does our $48 support this?

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                          I bet he has, it just has 2 wheels and is parked outside his local drinking establishment.
                          I see more hogs in one day the anyone on the forum will see there whole life. I killed 40 on Limmers and 34 on Hubniks 2 weeks ago when we flew. The rest were killed south of these locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyhoggers View Post
                            I see more hogs in one day the anyone on the forum will see there whole life. I killed 40 on Limmers and 34 on Hubniks 2 weeks ago when we flew. The rest were killed south of these locations.
                            He Gone!

Comment

Originally posted by bioyak View Post
                              Thought I would clear the air on the Hog Gunning. This has never been a TPWD thing. We cooperated with Texas Animal Damage Control and the surrounding neighbors (to be a good neighbor). We did not want to appear as to "safe harboring" the hogs. We have always allowed the hogs to be harvested in unlimited numbers and encouraged year-around hunting with bows and crossbows. The hogs do provide some great recreational opportunity, but they are not native and not welcome.

That being said they obviously are not going away - so have fun - there may be a dip in the population in the weeks to follow, but they'll be back. TREY
                              Thanks for the info Trey!

Comment

Apologies if its a little off-topic but anyone here ever land a gar on Granger? Trying to get my lil ones on one and was using nightcrawlers to no avail. A couple guys close to us used minnows and got some bites but could never set the hook. Thinking about a rope lure next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X