Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb

I have jumped in and finally bought a camera. Canon 60D with a 18-55 and a 75-300 lens. Any recommendations on other lenses or anything really would be appreciated. I am really looking forward to getting into photography.

ill bump your post because im also just getting into photography

Comment

A lot of it depends on what you want to take pictures of. An 18-55 & 75-300 are good choices. You might want to look at a wide angle zoom for your next one. I have a 10-20mm Sigma lens for my Canon 30D & love it for many scenics & interior shots. Then if you are into it, perhaps a macro lens. If you want to do any professional work or enter big money contests, you will want to buy lenses that are faster (larger f-stop). Once you start using what you have, you'll soon realize that a particular lens would be better in certain situations. This will help to guide you in your next step.

Another thing I would highly recommend is an external flash. This is especially true for anyone taking indoor shots of their kids up on a stage. Pop-up flashes don't have the reach for those situations, and anytime I need to use a flash I use an external mounted one 95% of the time. I would do this before looking into a new lens.

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of photography. It is a very addicting hobby that can flourish into a business if you let it.

Comment

Working...
      X