Lake Waco 2006, how's the hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Waco 2006, how's the hunting?

I know you waco guys are pretty tight lipped but I think everyone here would love to hear any report/success stories from this year. I know some co-workers who got drawn to duck hunt out there this year, and they said the deer herd has really come back since the area went draw only.

I ought to be kicked in my *** for not hunting Lake Waco. They are some unreal deer there including that 200+ inch deer found dead this past year. Most of the deer out there have tons of mass and trash (points) everywhere. I got an email a few minutes ago from a buddy whos grandpa has a place right next to the core land with some nice bucks on trail cam.

Comment

I was going to apply for the draw for the first time this year, but unexpectedly found a lease in meridian, and got drawn for richland chambers, not to mention having two other public land units available. Basically I've had 4 places to hunt this year and just wouldn't have had the time to deal with waco, but maybe next year.

Comment

Where do you apply for Waco at???

Comment

I believe you have to go to their corp office. I work in waco but have never been to it, its somewheres around the airport. Their web site has been down for awhile now.

Comment

Theres been 50 views of this thread since yesterday, anyone?

Comment

I guess nobody's talkin huh.

Comment

Doesnt look like it boss,i myself would like to try and hunt it myself.....Brian

Comment

Like I said maybe next year if I don't get picked for any draw hunts or hagerman.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Seriously...you're expecting someone to get on here, tell you how good their season is going, run the risk of increasing the number of applicants and reducing their chance of getting drawn next season?

Talking in detail about public hunting areas on a public forum has always been and will always be a delicate thing.

Comment

The deadline for the drawings were back in september for archery and october for gun so I don't see why that would be a problem. People post for other public land areas so why not waco. I know last year there was a post of a doe and a six point taken by a couple hunters during the november rifle hunt, but that got lost with the crash.

Comment

There aint no deer at Waco!

Heath, I think someone lost that deer from the back of thier pick-up truck, right?

Comment

The deadline for the drawings were back in september for archery and october for gun so I don't see why that would be a problem
                            It's not a problem for this year. I'm talking about next year! All I have heard from everyone about LBJ is that they are seeing more hunters than ever out there. There's been a lot more open discussion about LBJ on several forums the last few years.

I said too much about my favorite public hunting area two seasons ago and couldn't find a place to park last season! Not saying it's directly related, but it can't help. You were wondering why there were hits on this thread but nobody was posting? Protecting their best interests might be the reason why. I'd trust most of the TBH members, but the trollers that don't join or post are the ones gathering the info and getting the ideas to hunt an area.

Bottom line...I'm all for sharing but don't be surprised if nobody gives up the info.

Comment

Working...
                            X