No announcement yet.

Coon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never tried it but I have heard guys tell me if you cook it right it's tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by gyro View Post
      Never even occurred to me to try to cook the corn bandit
      Me either. Reminds me of a recipe for carp. Long story/recipe made short: put carp between two boards, season to taste, cook, throw away carp and eat boards.

Comment

... thats freakin nasty man i have coon hunted since i could walk and i have tried it once... worse than duck but i love duck alot of people dont. coon is waay worse though just skin it and sell the fur or somthing

Comment

Have never tried. Not gonna either

Comment

I eat coon when I'm in one of those Bear-Grylls-survivor situations, drinking my own pee with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              Raccoon in a crockpot

1 med. size raccoon (younger is better)
              1/4 c. honey
              2 c. chicken broth
              3 tbsp. vinegar
              3 tbsp. cream sherry
              2 tbsp. soy sauce
              1/4 tsp. garlic salt
              1 med. yellow onion diced
              1 bellpepper diced
              4 garlic cloves minced

Clean raccoon, quarter, and remove all surface fat and glands. Lightly salt and pepper meat and brown meat in a cast iron skillet with left-over bacon grease. Remove meat and place browned pieces into crockpot. Then add the onions, garlic, and bellpepper into skillet - cook down until wilted. Place cooked vegetables in crockpot. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat pieces. Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours (slow and low) . Remove any excess grease and discard before thickening remaining liquid for gravy. Meat will be tender and delicious.
              I'm always up for new culinary adventures...may have to give this a try!

Comment

I guess if there is nothing else left in this world to kill and eat , I would cook a coon and eat it..........But I dont see that happning.

Comment

I've never been real big on eating coon. It's too greasy for me

Comment

ttt

Comment

not me

Comment

Ate them BBQ when I was a kid.Dont remimber what they taste like but do remimber me and everyone else tearing them up and saying how good it was. may have to try it again.

Comment

We're supposed to kill and cook one next weekend for the first time ever. I will let yall know what I thought of it. Ain't skeered!

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
                            never ate one. I would try it if someone cooked some up, but probably would go out of my way unless what someone made me was incredible.
                            +1

We practice long range rifle shots on these little ba$tards at a friends place, but if someone made an awesome dish out of one I might just have to start going over and picking them up....

Comment

Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post
                              not me
                              Not me either, Gene. No opossum either.

Comment

Working...
                              X