alabama public hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alabama public hunting

has anybody ever hunted in north alabama on public land? ? on deer size and mybe pics and toughness. thanks

Never hunted public land in AL, but have hunted a fair bit. As to size and toughness, think your wondering what will be adequate. Anything you use here will work there. A deer is pretty much a deer, no matter what the size. Hit em right and they're yours. Hit em wrong and it don't much matter what your shooting, you've got a mess.

As to pictures, don't have any. I ain't much on pictures (PETA ammo).

Comment

no i was woundering deer size and quality. wanted to know how big they got. i shoot a hoyt im not worried about my equipment it will kill anything i shoot at.

Comment

All I can speak to is the area around Huntsville. My son in law has 60 acres there that is pretty much uncultivated. He's mostly a duck hunter so doesn't do any feeding or anything, so the deer population is probably pretty representative size wise. In my experience they are pretty much the same as here in Central TX, nothing special. It could be different in other areas, my experience is limited to the same 60 acres every year.

I'll be heading out that way in a week or so for a visit and some hunting. Not that I want to, but SWMBO insists. I don't make the schedule. I just shut up and drive.
        Last edited by EdO; 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

what ever you have will

kill in Bama,just be aware that on a lot of public land there it used to be leagl to hunt deer with dogs,be sure to look into that first....just a heads up

Comment

Working...
          X