Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Wow. Shaw and Patterson are surprising.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Wow. Shaw and Patterson are surprising.

Patterson is supposed to also have a lot of royalties off of oil leases from alumnus as well. I heard a rumor 5-6 years ago from a pretty reliable TCU guy these were almost as much as his salary at the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Patterson is supposed to also have a lot of royalties off of oil leases from alumnus as well. I heard a rumor 5-6 years ago from a pretty reliable TCU guy these were almost as much as his salary at the time too.
        No reason to ever consider leaving imo.

Comment

Comes out to almost $9m is what I've heard from a few different folks. Crazy

Comment

I realize coaching is incredibly difficult, unpredictable, stressful and it takes years and some good luck to climb the ladder, but I have to believe that I could do as well as the 86th ranked guy. (which comes in at $1million). I mean we did play for a couple pee wee football Tully Bowls when my son was playing.....

Comment

and all the drama about Jimbo’s contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                I realize coaching is incredibly difficult, unpredictable, stressful and it takes years and some good luck to climb the ladder, but I have to believe that I could do as well as the 86th ranked guy. (which comes in at $1million). I mean we did play for a couple pee wee football Tully Bowls when my son was playing.....

When I graduated in 2003 from Texas my next move was going to be a GA and start my college coaching career. In the end I just couldn’t make the money work as I needed to start earning to live so I chose a different path. The difference at the time is position coaches where making $60-100K and now it’s 5-10 times that in some cases. Looking back knowing what I know about salaries of college coaches today, I’d have tried harder to make it work. It’s a very, very tough life but the money is there if you get in the right guys hip pocket. There’s also 10 times the amount of jobs available on a staff now with all the new positions created.

Comment

When I graduated in 2003 from Texas my next move was going to be a GA and start my college coaching career. In the end I just couldn’t make the money work as I needed to start earning to live so I chose a different path. The difference at the time is position coaches where making $60-100K and now it’s 5-10 times that in some cases. Looking back knowing what I know about salaries of college coaches today, I’d have tried harder to make it work. It’s a very, very tough life but the money is there if you get in the right guys hip pocket. There’s also 10 times the amount of jobs available on a staff now with all the new positions created.
                  Interesting. At least you were in the heyday of UT football. When I graduated, we had just come off some stellar years of David McWilliams and college football wasn't as big as it is today or even 10 years later. I remember one time my dad and I were hunting and he asked what I wanted to do once out of college. I remember telling him if I had my choice I would be a college coach but I just didn't think I could make the money I hoped. I never even seriously considered it.

Comment

My Ex Brother in Law coached at Stephenville under Briles. After Briles left, he got head coaching jobs and coaches his way up through the Texas High School divisions. Coached under Briles at U of Houston. Briles left and my ex brother in law got back into the Texas high school coaching ranks again.

He ended his college coaching career at West Virginia under Holgorsen. He coached the D line for two years and they parted ways. He made some good money at WVU but it put a lot of stress on his family life. He now sells insurance.

My sister divorced him because she could not be a coaches wife! It’s hard! She married a man who became a NBA Referee. That was not easy but he is now the VP of Review for the NBA and makes bank!

They both knew people that acted as mentors! It’s good to know people!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      No reason to ever consider leaving imo.

Do you think he will ever be competitive again on the national stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d love to have been in the A&M recruiting meeting on Monday.

What a legendary story.

The 22-year-old convinced security and players he was a recruit, and wound up square in the Alabama upset celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          Who? The Ags? No, it wasn’t. They were allowing 6-7-8:00 sustained scoring drives…no blitzing and no hurries on the QB. O could have scored more, too.
                          4 total scoring drives.

They were giving the underneath stuff on purpose to protect your corners from getting burned deep because they are either inexperienced and talented or experienced and ****ty.

Blitzing The Pirate doesn’t usually work that well because his QB’s get the ball out before the blitz can get there. The whole offense is designed as a blitz beater. You can either sit back in a two deep shell like Elko did or if you have depth at CB you can run man free dime and try to disrupt the short stuff. Y’all don’t have the corners to do that.

Your DL is the strength of the defense. Elko’s game plan was to rely on that strength and protect the weakness of the defense corner. It worked. The pirates offense scored 24 points while your offense spent most of the game sucking out loud. That is pretty good in the context of modern football.

Comment

I’d love to have been in the A&M recruiting meeting on Monday.

What a legendary story.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/10/1...m-tiktok-video
                            Reminds me of the guy that was like 30 that walked on to UT under some alias and was finally caught.

By his own count he had played in 70 college football games at four colleges under two names. There was a pathology to it, no question. Living in a college

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Last I read was Manning was supposed to be at the UT/okie lite game. Anyone know if he is still coming this weekend?
                              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                Comes out to almost $9m is what I've heard from a few different folks. Crazy
                                It’s getting bigger with the price of oil on the rise. I heard Gary has never put money in a dry hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X