• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a few years.................

Comment

I gotta try this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Costco has these green chiles on sale right now.
        Attached Files

Comment

I made something very similar with hot hatch chilis a few years back and it turned out so hot no one would eat it, including my wife who eats japs on anything she can.

I'll have to try again with something a bit more mild.

Comment

I’ve been looking for a recipe like this. Had a friend that used to make it. I’m going to try it as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              Back to the top for this green chile pork stew. Got a batch in the instant pot right now using some “locally sourced” wild hog. Perfect for a cold, wet, dreary winter day!
              What settings do you use on your Instantpot? Every time I try a stew in mine, it burns on the bottom and shuts off.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                It's been a few years.................
                Now it's been another year...................

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Will wild hog work?

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Wild hog is what I used. One of the best uses for wild hog that I've found so far. Slow cooked pulled pork was my favorite before this.
                  Can you use wild pork back strap or would that be too lean?

Comment

My turn, my turn.

Did mine a little different. Awhile back I started smoking the meats I use in chili and stew. It just brings them to another level.
                    So I smoked a pork roast from a hog I killed back during deer season.

Smoked it till it got to an internal of 145°. I didn’t want to shred it. Wanted it still firm enough to cube.

The next thing I did different was to use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. I just prefer sweet potatoes over white and I think they go better with pork.
                    A little fresh purple onion for a topping and voila!

Mighty fine eats gentleman.
                    Just the right amount of heat, just the right amount of sweet to complement the smokiness of the wild hog.
                    This is a keeper.
                    Now I need a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      Can you use wild pork back strap or would that be too lean?

Wild pork is all I use.

Comment

OK, Im sold. I will try it. Can I use venison?

Comment

I am de this last week for the first time and it was awesome. I spent 18 months or so in New Mexico years ago and this took me right back to my time there.

Comment

Made this last night and enjoying it even more tonight. The flavors really blended well over night. Thanks for sharing and will be making this one again!

Comment

I forgot to mention but I made this a few weeks ago with a wild hog roast. I used three slightly larger-than-normal cans of diced green peppers/jalapenos, and one whole jar of Wrights of Texas Medium Green Salsa.

It tasted good right off the bat but after sitting in the fridge for 4 of 5 days it actually got better. The potatoes kind of broke down and thickened it up, making it more of a stew. Plus the heat really permeated the whole thing by that point, so it had a nice kick.

Comment

Son that stuff is good! Growing up in NM green chili stew and fresh tortillas was always a staple. Haven’t had it in 20+ years. Great use of wild pork.

I cooked a double batch for a wild game cook off at our church today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X