Disk Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disk Size

I currently have a 6' disk and would like something larger. I have a70hp front wheel assist NH tractor that weighs around 7,000lb. What size disk could I go with. It's mainly for food plots and oats fields. Also when it's time to plant my oats this fall will I need to shred the summer plots down than disk or can I skip the shredding. Thanks

I was about to comment on size. Read title wrong lol

All seriousness, since I'm trying to find something for my 56E as well

Comment

I would say 8' give or take depending on the weight and type of disc.
      Check with Kelly Mudd up in Hallettsville or Heilegman in Charlotte.
      You might call and ask them let you know when they get new inventory that would fit your needs.

Comment

Yea I read that wrong and thought this was about to be a thread with a record for most lies told

Comment

I would say 8 foot would be the max. We always add weights on small disk like these to get a little deeper.

Comment

I have a 71 hp tractor with a 8 ft disc. The tractor weights a little over 10,000
            lbs with all the wheel weights I have added on my 16.9 wide tires. Still, where the soil is sandy in my field traction is a problem if you try to disc at max. depth. Dual wheels would really help. In the clay type soil in my field traction is no problem. So basically in the sand I run out of traction before I run out of power. Still, I can disc fairly well in the sand just not at max depth as I would like. I think 8 ft should be your max size if you are in a very sandy area.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Yea I read that wrong and thought this was about to be a thread with a record for most lies told
              Lmao yea I had to do a double take a the title

Comment

I have a 7 ft disc with weights added. My tractor is a 2wd 71HP Massey Ferguson and it will pull it no problem, gangs straight or angled. Got to lift it a little when making turns. Bought mine from Dietz Tractor in Seguin.

Last edited by Radar; 07-20-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Offset Disk

Get a offset disk .it will do more work with one pass than 3 or 4 passes with a tandom disk..Offset will use take more Power than same size tandom disk
                  Last edited by cva34; 05-29-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X