No announcement yet.

lbj grass lands buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I have been hunting the grasslands for about 10 years and have only shot at 1 other nice buck on it. I have put in to many hours and to many miles on foot to give up my spots. Anyways I shot a nice buck on my deer lease so started going to the grasslands with my muzzleloader. I went out a couple of times and saw some nice bucks. On 11-18-06 I went out set up and saw about 4 doe and a yote so I got up and walked to the back fence to look around I was walking up the fence line next to a field with a few scrub oaks on the edges when I heard a grunt real close to me I turned and saw something behind a tree about 10yrds away when this buck stepped out and looked at me and started throwing his head up and down and walking towards me, when I started to lift my gun he took off around the oaks so I ran down the fence line and saw he was about to cross in front of me so I got down and when he came out I stopped him I shot. After the shot I didn't see him so I thought I missed I reloaded my gun and started walking towards where I shot thinking I missed, when I got closer I saw him laying in a ditch.
    I could not beleive how nice he was, I ranged it and was 110yrds.
    And as far as me not smiling I was trying to tell my buddy how to use my camera when he took that shot. We were both tired from the drag out it was about 2 miles and my buddy came all the way from Boyde to help me get him out.

Comment

Fence line- ditch sounds like in the back of unit ??, I do believe there is a pond at the corner of this fence line on the private property. And yes it is 2 miles deep in this unit or if this isn't the unit, this unit has some nice bucks. I came around a corner and upon three nice bucks but powder was damp and all i got was a poof and lots of smoke.

Comment

Great deer.

I'm sure someone on here could always do some fancy photo-shop and turn your photo to into a smiley one. Just post a photo with you smiling and watch the creative folks go to town with it

Congratulations once again.

Comment

That's a nice one, especially from public lands. Congratulations, Slim.
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

You gave more info than I woulda.
            Last edited by boss bowman; 01-31-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hey Slim, that is a really nice deer and you are welcome for the help getting him out of there. You 've helped me on more than one occasion.

Comment

whats up cletus, I see you posted a pic of your buck but I think all the other animals are alittle much.

Comment

whats up cletus, I see you posted a pic of your buck but I think all the other animals are alittle much.

Comment

Could not find a pic of just Elliot, so you'll have to tolerate all the animals.

Comment

Nice looking buck. It would sure make a nice shoulder mount.

Comment

Slim,
                        That is a good story about your hunt. I would like to use that exact story for the Texas Hunting News. Can you e-mail me a copy of the original photograph. 300 DPI would be nice. My e-mail is info@aamultimediasite.com

Tool (Jeff)

Comment

I took both my bucks to decatur taxidermy sunday. Looked at some of his work, he really does good work pays allot of attention to detail.

Comment

Working...
                          X