Beef - Lesser known cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef - Lesser known cuts

Have any of ya'll tried Teres Major or Denver Steaks? I have my local butcher cutting these for me as I heard they are the cuts the butchers keep for themselves. Wanting to know if any of ya'll have tried them, and any tips for cooking them. Thanks in advance!

I dont know about those but I cut the meat off the shoulder blades on the last red stag and cooked up all three cuts like a regular steak and boy were they good and tender.

Comment

Where are they cut from?

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
        I dont know about those but I cut the meat off the shoulder blades on the last red stag and cooked up all three cuts like a regular steak and boy were they good and tender.
        Those are called Flat Iron steaks on beef. The very best steak to come off a steer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Where are they cut from?
          Both are from the chuck primal cut in the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
            Yes, this cut (I believe is referred to as “flat iron”) is better than anything on the hindquarters. I’d put it up against the loins.

Comment

Flat iron is a good cut. I’ve heard of the Denver cut it’s supposed to be phenomenal.

Comment

Eye steaks and roast are pretty decent

Comment

Chuck eyes are phenomenal. Petite Sirloins are also awesome. Never heard of a Denver cut.

Comment

As they say, always can learn something and today I learned it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried my first flat iron steak a few months ago and it’s pretty much my go to now. Can have steak for the 3 of us at the house for less than $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pic MrBigToe.

Thanks for asking MrHntr

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Chuck eyes are phenomenal. Petite Sirloins are also awesome. Never heard of a Denver cut.
                            I was hoping it wouldn't get out about those chuck eye steaks, I prefer them over rib eye; and way cheaper too.

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                              X