Scaffolding blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaffolding blind

Im retiring some of my old scaffold and I'm planning on putting up a few blinds at my farm. I don't know if I should build a wooden blind and set on a platform or build a platform and just put a pop-up blind on it. It's mainly going to be for my wife and kids to hunt out of. Does anyone have any experience with this ? I looked up some old threads but not many pictures of finish products

If you want them to last more than a year and not have to redo them every year go with wood. Just better, lasts longer and quieter. Build on a platform but not too high.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      If you want them to last more than a year and not have to redo them every year go with wood. Just better, lasts longer and quieter. Build on a platform but not too high.
      Yeah I'm planning on just putting one section at each spot so it's only going to be about 6 ft tall.

Comment

I hunted with a guy that made a nice blind tower by connecting 2 pallet scaffolds in a "t". 14' tall and very sturdy. Used an extension ladder to access it, and built the blind in sections and assembled on top. It was the best blind on our place at that time. Not sure, but scaffolds can be pretty sturdy also.

Comment

The scaffolding is 8x6 so it would be a really good size. I think I will just build a wooden blind I have a bunch of rough sawn cedar and left over metal from a barn roof I had done.

Comment

One guy on our lease had one, it was the most dangerous and hardest to get in to blinds on the lease. He wound up buying an older fiberglass blind w/ tower from a member leaving. If you build it, anchor it well. That’s for any elevated blind though.

Comment

Great idea
              We’ve used scaffolding very successfully for years.
              Use wood cross beams for support, then build the wood box blinds on top & use large ratchet straps to hold it down.
              Then build a nice ladder up to your entry door
              Then t-post down your corners for support
              Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X