Texas Ranchers & Illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
    This will happen in lots of places this year. People need to remember, they may look harmless and lost, but you never really know who your dealing with. Keep distance from them and let them know that causing you grief might come with an expensive price tag.
    Yep keep your firearms with you and remember to never ever leave your keys in a vehicle, lol can’t wait till we get the first post
    My ATV/ vehicle was stolen , and had my truck keys, wallet, cellphone in it !

Y’all remember to carry your cellphone on your person and park close to your blind
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-26-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Might keep blinds locked too. If you think climbing into a blind with a ringtail is interesting, wait till you open the door and someone jumps out on you trying to clear the doorway.

Comment

Yep. SSS.

This is a major reason we are selling our place down there. What good is having a place if you are scared and can't let you kids (ours are teenagers) go out to hunt, fill feeders, etc alone. Screw Racist Joe and the rest of the f'n liberals that have caused this.

Comment

Owned our place in Kinney county for ~25 yrs now and can count on one hand the times we’ve had evidence of or seen illegals. This past deer season we caught one jumping out of a blind and another walking through the brush, at the same time and date on opposite sides of the ranch.

Just 2 weeks ago our neighbor was driving our dividing fence line when out stepped a guy from the brush on our property yelling and screaming at him that he had a gun and would shoot him. Neighbor called BP, they couldn’t help because they had no agents available, he then called sheriff and they came out. They ended up catching the guy on our place. Neighbor called us after it all went down and said we needed to call the sheriff to press trespassing charges because the guy was in BP custody and they were going to release him soon. Called and come to find out this is the 3rd time they’ve caught this guy who is a coyote. Apparently he was in the process of smuggling drugs at the time. Thankfully he is locked up until his court date for a number of offenses from this time he got caught and previous captures.

I’m glad it was the neighbor that was in the situation and not myself or one of my family members as we always have a pistol and rifle on us and would not want to be put into a situation like that where things could go bad an a split second.

But there’s no problem at the border that’s just a conspiracy theory

Comment

A buddy of mine has a place in freer. He said they get there last weekend and they had a new chain and lock on the gate. Called Sheriff dept. They said coyotes are cutting locks and using peoples ranch houses to store the people they are shuttling. Probably be back next week with another load!

Comment

Might keep blinds locked too. If you think climbing into a blind with a ringtail is interesting, wait till you open the door and someone jumps out on you trying to clear the doorway.

When my wife was a kid, she told me that they had to keep their deer camp cabin unlocked. Illegals would use it a lot but would put things back, clean up after themselves, and would only take water and canned food. If her family locked the cabin up, the illegals would break into it and trash the place. This was outside of Uvalde about 30 years ago. I’m 100% positive things have gotten MUCH worse since then.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                When my wife was a kid, she told me t they had to keep their deer camp cabin unlocked. Illegals would use it a lot but would put things back, clean up after themselves, and would only take water and canned food. If her family locked the cabin up, the illegals would break into it and trash the place. This was outside of Uvalde about 30 years ago. I’m 100% positive things have gotten MUCH worse since then.
                Leaving things unlocked may have worked in the past but now your dealing with an entirely different mind set, more violators and less concern over how you feel about it. I guess uncle joe could pay the damages, he’s paying everything else to get them here.

Comment

Leaving things unlocked may have worked in the past but now your dealing with an entirely different mind set, more violators and less concern over how you feel about it. I guess uncle joe could pay the damages, he’s paying everything else to get them here.
                  Dang right this administration should be reimbursing us for expenses. If you have damages should get w South Tx Property Owners Assoc. I believe they are trying to gather information to submit to the politicians.

Comment

They will just break the lock off. Happened to one of the guys on our lease, they took everything he left in the blind too. They haven’t seemed to find our camp yet but it is a matter of time.

Comment

cousine still lives on the family place down between San Diego and Palito Blanco and La Bandera, he is keeping up my Tia Oniedas ways, giving water and some tacos to the ones that come up to the fence, and ask , no one has ever destroyed anything, o anther ranch , if all left unlocked they would go in and drink the water bottles and canned goods, never mess up place, but times are changing for sure

Comment

This, and dont even walk away from your sxs or truck for a moment....they are laid in at gates and other areas waiting for the opportunity. Carry your weapon, a good light and keys with you headed in and out of stand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          They will just break the lock off. Happened to one of the guys on our lease, they took everything he left in the blind too. They haven’t seemed to find our camp yet but it is a matter of time.
                          I was thinking the same thing. We always left our stuff unlocked in laredo.

Comment

Time to form the militia the left seem so hell bent on saying only the 2A applies to.

Comment

We havent had a problem for the last 10 years, this year its been crazy. People coming thru daily, driving thru gates and fences. Breaking into the lodge to get supplies. Weve tries to lock the deer blinds but that only takes a rock to break.
                              2 weeks ago i found a spot where im assuming a coyote set up a food point for them. we were looking for shed horns when i walked up on a jacket on the ground. Under the jacket was a nicely folder blanket with tons of food hidden under that. Also had can openers, steak knives, measuring cups, and a flashlight. Come to find out it had all been taken from out lodge. crazy deal right now. Cant even take a lap around the ranch without finding tons of foot prints on the roads. Sad deal

Comment

Well it’s getting hot now, so exposure to the elements is going to start taking a toll before long. I know in the Big Bend, you better have plenty of water and a way to find some shade on most days. There’s going to be a lot of bodies in the desert before long. That too should be placed on uncle joes lap.

Comment

Working...
                                X