Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

34 years ago today the Space Shuttle Challenger.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th grade back in ND. Didn’t watch it live but tuned in after the news got to us. My teacher took it hard.

Comment

Junior in science class. Mrs Knight, teacher, had rolled in the TV so we could watch.

Comment

was at work... happened to be in the warehouse where there was a TV with the launch live... When it blew up, we just looked at each other and someone said something like, "I don't think that's a normal booster separation.... Hard to interpret what we had just seen for a few moments... NASA broadcasts never changed tone, nothing... Amazing those folks are so well trained to "keep on mission"...

My wife worked for a guy at the time that was on the re-design of that SRB seal that got the Shuttle back up and running again... He was an oil patch guy from here in the Houston area....

It was a sad day for America, but a proud day too... We all stood together in mourning and then again at the new re-launch when that happened... Hard to see how that would work today...

Comment

I was in 5th grade at Wilson school in Oklahoma. One of those things you just never forget.

Comment

If old enough, you never forget where you were when things like that happen. I was fresh out of College and sitting at my desk on the 51st floor of the Transco Tower.

Comment

2nd grade. Grew up in Orlando. It was a big deal bc of the school teacher on the trip.
              Walked out to the football field to watch it and saw it live. Not something you ever forget. Sad day and hard to believe it's been 34 years.

Comment

I was sick that day and stayed home from work. My crazy 1st ex-wife was working nights and we were watching it live from our tiny apartment in Euless when disaster struck.

Comment

I was at the office and a coworker and I watched it on our conference room television. Coincidentally, 15 years later the same coworker and I watched as the second plane hit the tower on 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                    blew up at 11:38 am. RIP

I was in my Junior year at Denison High School printing class. I'll never forget that day watching it. Every school was turned in to see the first teacher in space. Sad day for sure.

I too was a junior but at Sterling High school here in Baytown. I was in an physics class

Comment

Was at High school baseball practice when it happened.

Comment

I had just sucked down a huge bottle...of milk..and getting ready for a poop. Lol I was about 4 weeks old

Comment

I was a freshman in high school. Leaning up against the wall next to the payphones right outside the cafeteria.

Comment

Junior in HS and sitting in Honors physics. My physics teacher (who was an extraordinary educator) got very far along in the selection process. Can’t remember exactly how far along, but I think he was considered a top 100 finalist. Needless to say, watching it with him added to the excitement and ultimately the utter devastation of the broadcast. I can remember to this day the color disappearing from his face and the phone ringing in his office(his wife).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Playing golf in college....birdied #8 & 9...walked into the clubhouse and it was on TV....

watched for over an hour and went home

Comment

Sitting in the dorm rec room after class freshman year in college

Some guy was blasting Phil Colleens drum solo down the hall and I couldn’t hear what was going on
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-28-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X