Irvin Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irvin Ranch

Has anyone hunted the Irvin Ranch in Coleman County. I have a hunt booked in Nov. and was hoping for some info.

I have a friend that went and said they seen deer but most where small deer. I was hoping some of you might have been here and could tell me more about the place. If you have any info please pass it on. Thanks

Comment

is there a web site? whats is thier rates, rules etc..?

Comment

arrowslinger it is 350 for it is 2 and half days hunting. You can shot buck, doe ,and turkey. I was hoping some of the others have been there or knows someone that has been there.

Comment

Good Luck

I just got back from there and all I can say is good luck! I saw some deer, even saw a nice 8 pointer that look to be 4 to 5 years old. But what I mean by luck is you better hope you draw a stand with something to shoot through! And you better be able to shoot your bow from a seated position becasue his stands dont have floors His lodge is fine and the set up is pretty nice-not luxurious at all but its all you need for hunting. Its hard to control your scent with that many people in one small house but its all luck anyway with the way you do the stands, you might and prolly will draw a stand with the total wrong wind! His feeders are not too good, the gravity fed ones that is. He gives you a baggy of corn to drop off at each stand and I think the hunter is the feeder. As a matter of fact I beat on one of the feeders and got 2 kernels out of it. The electronic feeders are fine and youll see some deer if you draw one of them- but the deer were not hitting the feeders anyway. My best advice is to turn your back to the feeder and glance at it from time to time. The deer are small. We had the full 14 hunters and there were 4 bucks killed and 1 doe. There was a nice 8 point killed, prolly score 115 Id guess, he had a 15 inch inside spread and had some length. There was a 20 incher spotted by 2 hunters. And I saw and old 8 pointer that was heavy. If you can shoot through thick trees youll prolly kill one, I cant SO I never even got to draw back All I can say is good luck!
          Bitman

Comment

Sounds like a tough hunt.

Comment

very tough, and the weather stunk as well, LOL it blew about 30 mph on Sat eve and Sun morn!

Comment

irvin ranch

I have hunted there 4 times most of the time I have seen deer mostly
                small deer but its usually a fun hunt. I have killed 4 deer and a turkey
                there I guess thats about good as you can expect for a day lease.
                I believe the hunting pressure is a lot less than most day leases.
                The ranch does have bigger bucks we have seen them but its going
                to be really rare to get one in bow range. I like the stands and there
                set ups. They are brushed in good and high quality safe stands.
                If a deer comes in the chances are good that it will not see you.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the weather will better when I go.

Comment

been there....

I have hunted the ranch a couple of years and actually like the place. The stands do take some getting used to, but I like the cover surrounding them. Most of the feeders are 5 gallon buckets with small holes in them; gravity feed and at first glance, they appear to be useless, but I (and some other fellow hunters...) looked at them closley and you can see where the deer are actually licking the bottom of the buckets to get the corn out. Out of the 10 times I was in stand, only twice did I not see any game (turkey or deer). Most of the deer harvested during my two hunts were small, but most folks got a deer or at least a chance to shoot at one. The only negative thing I can say about the place in my opinion is that with 14 hunters each hunt, it is over crowded a bit. Other than that, I like the place and have a hunt booked for December this year.

Comment

Did anyone hunt here this past weekend? I was wondering if the bucks are moving?

Comment

Has anyone been here in the last few weeks if so what how was it. I am going in a few weeks.

Comment

Never been,

Comment

Well I am going this weekend does anyone have anymore reports?

Comment

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you did when you get back!

Comment

Working...
                              X