Jerky Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky Recipe?

I am looking for a new jerky recipe and I remembered reading one thread here but now I can't find it. It had an ingredient that somebody said was the secret to good jerky. If anyone has the old thread or knows the recipe, I'd really appreciate receiving it. Likewise, I'm willing to try just about any new recipe in an effort to clean out my freezer. Thanks in advance,

Steve

While I was cutting up my last deer, my wife asked me to cut some meat so she could make jerky. I sliced up some of the hind quarter for her and she did the rest. It was awesome. She used just about everything she could find. Soy suace, sun dried tomato salad dressing, Tony C's, coarse ground pepper, garlic powder, and I think a little worstechere (sp). I have always like the soy suace on jerky, it sure adds a good flavor.

Comment

Thanks - I'm trying to clean out my freezer and found a bunch of goose and fallow that I forgot was back there. That was what started me thinking about big batches of jerky. I'll give this one a try.

Comment

I will soak all of the cut up meat in the cheep fajita marinade for wally world and with a cut up onion to. then ill season it with ground black pepper and onion and garlic powder. I havent tried it with soy but will give it a shot next time.

Comment

VENISON OR BEEF JERKY

5LBS GROUND VENISON OR BEEF
          8 TBSP. SOY SAUCE
          1 TBSP. GARLIC SALT
          8 TBSP. LIQUID SMOKE
          1 TBSP. ONION SALT
          1-2 TBSP. BLACK PEPPER (depending on how much pepper you like)

Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Then pour the ingredients over the ground meat. Mix all ingredients and meat really well. Cover the container and marinate for approx. 48hrs. in the refrigerator. After 48 hours run the ground meat through the jerky gun and place on dehydrator racks. I cook it 4-6 hrs depending on the thickness of the strips. I usually take the meat off and let it sit for about an hour before I back it up and put it in the refrigerator. I sometimes add a spoonful of crushed red pepper or cayenne if I want to spice it up a bit. I’ve also mixed Worcestershire sauce in with good results also.
          (This recipe can also be done with 5lbs of thinly sliced meat. If you use sliced meat just pour the liquid over the meat, mix, and marinate.)

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Allegro Marinade for 24 hours and salt and pepper, red pepper for heat

Comment

fine ground black pepper and Lawry's Season Salt---all I use.

Tried an Italian salad dressing marinade once--wasn't bad but I prefer the first I listed.

Comment

Working...
                X