sawdust for smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sawdust for smoking

i have been looking for some oak or hickory sawdust for smoking my sausage but am having a very tough time of it... any of you guys have a supplier or know of one ...the one i used to use went out of business years ago and now my built up supply is all but gone...thanks...

sawdust for smoking

My brother gets his from a sawmill in Huntsville .

Comment

I know a city worker that goes to the Parks and Rec area at one of the parks where the nursery and grounds keeper dump chips, but you never know what yourr gettin...mabye you can ask one of the workers to sell it to you. Just an idea.

Comment

Or a cabnit shop generally cuts alot of oak.

Comment

could you find out the name of the place in huntsville hunterdan? this is good....thanks

Comment

I order from these guys, though I am usually going for the more exotic wood sawdust. Just an option if you want it.

Comment

Why not just get a few sticks of oak firewood and split it down to the size you want? Other ideas above are good ones. Better yet, go to an orchard around their and get some of there pruned limbs(apple, peach, pear, or plum).

Comment

because i want sawdust brianl.. if you would ever use it to smoke with you would understand... no flame just a good even predicable amount of smoke... nice and even...and cool.. chips tend to flare up and get hotter .. sawdust is the way to go if you want a cold somke... but thanks for all of the input guys ... i have a contact in huntsville looking around.... thanks again

Comment

How much are you looking for, rough guess?

Comment

about 50 lbs. ........but beggers cant be choosers

Comment

Working...
                    X