Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Beef Tongue Recipe?

Any good beef tongue recipes?

Yes Sir. We boil them and peel off the tough outer layer (taste buds and such). Then give it a fine dice and season with salt and pepper. Mix it with mayo, spicy brown mustard, pickle relish, tobasco, chopped white onion, chopped green olives, some minced garlic, and some chopped jalepeno. Spread on saltine crackers and serve it with a cold beer.

Comment

My mom made them into sandwiches and stew. I have BBQ'd a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
        Yes Sir. We boil them and peel off the tough outer layer (taste buds and such). Then give it a fine dice and season with salt and pepper. Mix it with mayo, spicy brown mustard, pickle relish, tobasco, chopped white onion, chopped green olives, some minced garlic, and some chopped jalepeno. Spread on saltine crackers and serve it with a cold beer.
        Every thing he said in the first and second sentence.......then....Chipotle con adobo y nopales tacos....mmmmmm good

Comment

Dont have the recipe, but have fond memories of pickled beef tongue. Fellow I worked for when growing up ran a slaughter house and always kept some in the frig. Perfect late night snack after a night out on the town!

Comment

Comment

We just add salt, pepper, and maybe a little garlic powder, then put them in a pressure cooker for about an hour. They come out moist and tender. I love'em!

Comment

That is some fine table far. We boil them and scrape the tongue then cube it into 2x2 pieces. Take a cast iron or aluminum pot and brown/sautee the tongue for about 30 minutes adding a little water to keep from sticking. Next add 1 yellow onion diced, 1 bell pepper diced, and minced garlic and continue browning for 10 minutes. Season with black pepper, cajun seasoning, and gralic powder to taste. Cover meat with about 2 cups of water and let simmer for 2 hours until gravy is semi thick. Serve over white rice. Ca Cest Bon!

Comment

Throw em in a crockpot with salt and pepper. Peel the outer layer and dice before serving on a warm flour tortilla. Throw a little diced onion, cilantro, and salsa. MMMMM

Comment

It all sounds good. Keep them coming.

Comment

Before you go to bed at night, stick in crock pot with water to cover and salt. Wake up in the morning and the smell will be so good, you'll forget your name.

Comment

You guys are truly missing the boat. You can cut slits in the tongue and stuff with garlic and bell pepper. Tongue makes one of the best gravies you will ever eat. Season as you like it. Take the clean tongue and brown it in a little oil until it is thoroughly browned. Then add 1 large cut up onion and brown it well. Then add 1/2 diced bell pepper and cook until the bell peppers start changing to lighter color. Then add water to cover tongue and cook on medium heat for 2 hours. After cooking slice into 1/2" slices. If you need to add more water as needed. Cook down until nice thick gravy happens.
                        Last edited by Shotgun Slim; 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Eat this with gravy spooned over a bed of rice.

Comment

I smelled it being cooked about 30 years ago and that was one of the most rank smells I have ever smelled in my life. Still makes me queasy just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X