Dewberry jelly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewberry jelly??

The boys and I picked about a quart of dewbrries and are looking for a recipe for jelly. They love jelly.

I wish somebody had one. This sounds great!

Comment

I'll see if I can get my grandmothers recipe. She makes killer dewberry jelly.

Comment

I'll ask my wife. That is the only jelly we will eat and she makes all of it. I THINK she just follows the recipe on the sure jell pack but I'll ask.

Comment

Just use the one inside the box of Sure-jell for blackberries. I'm going tomorrow to pick mine. I use my jelly cut with corn syrup to top my cheesecakes. It's soo good.

Comment

Hey you guys might want to try mixing those in cheese cake mix and have some dewberry cheese cake.

Comment

Sure-jel inside box. Follow directions exactly. Do Not try to double, jelly won't set-up for some reason. We've made 100's of jars. berries, plums, grapes. may as well do a bunch, just as easy and they will last for years in the jar

Comment

Originally posted by GR5 View Post
                Sure-jel inside box. Follow directions exactly. Do Not try to double, jelly won't set-up for some reason. We've made 100's of jars. berries, plums, grapes. may as well do a bunch, just as easy and they will last for years in the jar
                According to how sweet your dewberries are you may want to add just a little lemon juice to give it some bite

Comment

look in Bells Best cook book they have a good jelly recipe for dewberry, but if it was me I would have the ole lady just cook up a nice cobbler.

Comment

Dewberry's

Ya i love that jelly to my mom use to make it for us to but every sice we moved out of the country she seemed to stop making it for us.....

Comment

Dewberry jelly??

I ended up finding a recipe on cook.com. I made two pints and my boys just finished the last pint. It turned out pretty good. Wish we would have picked more berries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X