Archery stamp/endorsement unfair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery stamp/endorsement unfair?

What is the reasoning behind an archery tax/stamp/endorsement?

Muzzleloading has its own exclusive season...at least in eastern Williamson County...and archery is excluded. Do muzzleloaders get an extra tax/stamp/endorsement?

If I hunt deer only in General Season and dont capitalize on the archery only season...Do I still need an archery stamp/endorsement? Why?

$$$

Comment

Stamp/permit are nothing more than a tax.

Comment

money grab

Comment

It's a couple bucks, unfair would be paying school taxes and not having kids in school.
          Now, you could make an argument that the muzzloader folks should also need a stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Muzzleloading has its own exclusive season...at least in eastern Williamson County...and archery is excluded. Do muzzleloaders get an extra tax/stamp/endorsement?

If I hunt deer only in General Season and dont capitalize on the archery only season...Do I still need an archery stamp/endorsement? Why?
            To get support from non bowhunting legislators the 1st archery stamp was put into place to "cover the state's cost to regulate our new archery only season. This was also a very effective way to count the number of bowhunters in TX as it grew by leaps and bounds. I think this scared the rifle hunters and powers to be. The super combo license came out with the archery stamp included. We lost the ability to, mark our growth, and count the number of bowhunters in the state to have our voices heard to keep a purified archery only season. Them rifle hunters wanted oct and din't give up.

The archery only stamp is required to hunt during the early "archery only" season in oct. You do not need an archery stamp to bowhunt during general season.

There is no Muzzleloader stamp, none is required.
            Last edited by Thumper; 01-21-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Hadn't thought about not needing an archery stamp for bowhunting during the General Season. How would that work in a WMA that was "archery only" for hunting deer and feral hogs, I wonder -- especially for hogs after deer season?

Kind of moot for me, since I always get the Super Combo, plus Annual Public Hunt permit, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                Hadn't thought about not needing an archery stamp for bowhunting during the General Season. How would that work in a WMA that was "archery only" for hunting deer and feral hogs, I wonder -- especially for hogs after deer season?

Kind of moot for me, since I always get the Super Combo, plus Annual Public Hunt permit, anyway.
                That's a means restriction not a season.

Comment

I think this is a reason Texas hasn’t taken up the whole “Constitutional Right to Hunt and Fish” issue. How do you tax a right enumerated in your Constitution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Simply put ....To be able to hunt during the special archery season throughout the month of October.

You DO NOT need an archery stamp to deer hunt during general season with a bow....now your fretting can officially end..

Last edited by Smart; 01-21-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      $$$
                      Yep

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post

Good point, on another thread they were discussing how at Somerville WMA your still allowed to bowhunt the first two weeks of january even though the rest of the county is muzzleloader only, based on this I think the WMA's can make their own rules.

Comment

Answers:
                          Regulatory enforcement bodies budget accomodation

No.

No. Only archery only season requires extra tax.

However. Places like Granger WMA and Amistad NRA, etc make archery hunters hunting squirrel or rabbit or coyote or etc have an archery stamp to hunt those critters with archery equipment. Use a shotgun...allowed at both...and no extra tax is required.

I am happy to pay my taxes. I am happy to fight my taxes. People who dont fret their taxes...pay too much.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            $$$

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              I think this is a reason Texas hasn’t taken up the whole “Constitutional Right to Hunt and Fish” issue. How do you tax a right enumerated in your Constitution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to work for CHL, they get by with charging a fee (tax) to bear arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X