Tell/Show Me The Best Feeder On The Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell/Show Me The Best Feeder On The Market

I've been using the same feeders for 30+ years and they are ready to be replaced. I think I'm in the market for something new, so I come to you guru's of the Green Screen. What is the best, easiest to fill, corn bandit proof, hardiest in cattle avoidance feeder out there? Pics, where to get, and what motor/timer setup you use would be greatly appreciated.

What I have:

Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0092.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	25167726

Thank you,

Todd

You should receive quite a bit of feedback.....Lamco, All Seasons, Krivoman....the list goes on. The Stand & Fill units have caught on over the last several years. No need to climb a ladder to fill feeders.

Comment

Best are Lamco, Krivoman, Boss Buck. IMO they are in that order too. Best and All Seasons don't go together. ASF are good feeders for the price though.

Comment

If I had to buy any it’d be Lamco.

Comment

I make my own from a 55 gallon drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

600# Stand and Fill from J&L sales in Cross Plains, Abilene and Cisco. They run the Timer 12 volt and come complete for $600. Sturdy snd well built.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              600# Stand and Fill from J&L sales in Cross Plains, Abilene and Cisco. They run the Timer 12 volt and come complete for $600. Sturdy snd well built.
              Weve had 2 of these for 10-12 years now with zero problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                Weve had 2 of these for 10-12 years now with zero problems.
                I ve had a 1200lbs lamco for 6 years and zero problems too.

Comment

How does it compare quality wise to a Lamco low and throw feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                    You should receive quite a bit of feedback.....Lamco, All Seasons, Krivoman....the list goes on. The Stand & Fill units have caught on over the last several years. No need to climb a ladder to fill feeders.

I don't think you can go wrong with the above advice. Depending on how far away you are or how often you want to fill them I would recommend getting a 1000lb feeder over a 600lb. More corn sacks required to fill it but you won't have to do it as often....and nothing says you have to fill it if you don't want to. From an old guy the stand and fills are the way to go. I actually have my feeders set up where I can back my truck right up to them. Much easier to fill that way.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Pics?

I think it’s this one? No price listed

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                          http://jandlsales.com/product/600-j-l-skid-feeder/

I think it’s this one? No price listed

Thanks. I drive by that place every trip and thought those might be what he was talking about.

Comment

MB Ranch King. Mine have operated flawlessly and have had zero issues with cows, coons or pigs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X