No announcement yet.

Duck, it’s good!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cooked duck for the first time last week. left the skin on the breasts, salt, pepper, browned in butter and finished in the oven. My son and I really liked it.

Comment

Try dry aging your puddle ducks in the fridge for 7-10 days. Salt pepper in a hot skillet cooked rare. Score the skin and it will help render some fat out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll have to try that Recipe.

Comment

i have tried this recipe, still it is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by spiffy View Post
            Try dry aging your puddle ducks in the fridge for 7-10 days. Salt pepper in a hot skillet cooked rare. Score the skin and it will help render some fat out.

This dude gets it. Is that a fig in the lower portion of the photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
              This dude gets it. Is that a fig in the lower portion of the photo?

No, it’s the heart. Fig would go good with this. I made a apple,sage and cherry chutney that’s on bottom left.

I tell everyone who says they don’t like duck “you don’t know how to cook it!”

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
                Wow, tried my hand at some duck meat, family and I loved it!!! Mallards, is the ones I used. Cleaned and then soaked in milk for a couple days. I then rinsed and cleaned them, sliced up to nugget size then marinaded for a hour. The marinade was just thrown together, slash of everything that follows. A1, bbq sauce, siracha, soy, teriyaki and worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce was the base, then a splash of everything. After a hour of soaking, I stuffed with jalapeño, pepper jack cheese and wrapped in bacon!!! Five minutes a side on the hot side of the grill then power offed two burners, with two burners still going I let them bake for 20 minutes. We devoured them!!
                **** bro I bet there was no duck taste after all that prep work.

Comment

Puddle ducks I let sit in water/brine right after breasting to pull most of the blood out. Salt/pepper or steak seasoning then seared to medium rare in a little butter. Wrapping teal breasts in bacon like doves is good too. Most people overcook them to where they get tough and gamey tasting. All the divers go in gumbo, haven't figured out how to make them taste good

Comment

Working...
                  X