No announcement yet.

2018 Astros Off-Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Astro's will be happy w/ R. Chirinos as backup catcher. I've said for years that if he's your backup catcher you've got a pretty good club. If he's the front line catcher, not so much. He's a great dude / team mate. Good enough offensively. I think he'll be good enough defensively on a good team. I agree that better pitching will help him out. Hopefully he won't be fishing 58' pitches from the likes of Matt Moore out of the ground and trying to catch runners at the same time.

Comment

Goldy to Cardinals official

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        goldy to cardinals official
        dang it!!!

Comment

Eovaldi resigns with Redsox

Comment

Eovaldi resigns with Redsox
            That hurts. Was really hoping we could have gotten him

Comment

Astros showing no life. Thought Crane’s checkbook was real?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Hit a rock in the road leaving a winter ball game where they were playing.

Comment

Former Astros players Luis Valbuena and Jose Castillo were killed in a crash after playing a game at the University Stadium at Caracas.

Says both were astros. I don't remember Castillo, but Valbuena was fun to watch.

Comment

i really dont sense a huge sense of urgency out of them and frankly I agree. with mariners rebuilding, angels no threat and A's losing lowry and without Manaea all season, Astros should cake walk to the division title. Focus on mid-season and trade deadline targets and its much cheaper and you avoid mortgaging your future.

Comment

CFM signs with Rays 2 years $30 million 👎🏿

Comment

CFM signs with Rays 2 years $30 million 👎🏿
                            I guess he came up with 30 million reasons to keep playing instead of retiring. Good pick up by the Rays.

Comment

I’m starting to get the impression that the Astros are going to go with internal options at SP.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                I guess he came up with 30 million reasons to keep playing instead of retiring. Good pick up by the Rays.
                                Im a huge fan of him as a player and person, but the fact we weren't willing to give him $30MM over two years makes me think the Stros don't trust his shoulder as the performance he's demonstrated over the last two years would certainly warrant paying him that amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X