need new water heater - where to get good price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need new water heater - where to get good price

Looking at getting a new 50 gallon replacement.. I know there are several plumbers here on the green screen. Where is your go to supply for a good deal on one like this in houston area
    GS6-50-YBRT

I just put one in by myself. Loews, heater, I used a 40 gallon, I have two in the house, quick connects on one end and hose fitting on the other. Less then $350.00 I had been quoted $1075.00 local. After draining old water heater, took less than an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
      I just put one in by myself. Loews, heater, I used a 40 gallon, I have two in the house, quick connects on one end and hose fitting on the other. Less then $350.00 I had been quoted $1075.00 local. After draining old water heater, took less than an hour.
      Lucky it had quick connects and not soldered on. I've done about 20 for friends and family. Cut the copper, clean put on shark bites, hook up new heater......if gas try to get same height so you don't have to mess with vents but thats easy to change too. On my sisters I used quarter turn valves on both sides with compression fitting, next one I replaced didn't need to turn off water to the house

Comment

Found it for 404$ at Ferguson
        Thx!

Comment

I have an account with Ferguson and could probably get you a better price.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
            I have an account with Ferguson and could probably get you a better price.

You sir are dam good man still owe you lunch or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It had copper. I cut it cleaned it up and uses shark bites.

Comment

I have no info to offer, I just want to commend you for not saying "hot water heater".

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  I have no info to offer, I just want to commend you for not saying "hot water heater".
                  Same

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Totally!!

Comment

Yes!

Even though I would have bought from one of the Coburn Supply locations in the Houston area....

Comment

$1800 is going rate for heater and install

We got ours done for $1300 due to a long time client of the plunber

Comment

I wouldn't use shark bites inside unless I had real good insurance. And make sure T & P relief line is up to code

Comment

Working...
                          X