Cryotherapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryotherapy

Bro’s and does - anybody given it a shot yet? Supposed to be all the rage. Thinkin about doin a session to say I have.

Discuss.

I don't know what it is...so I guess I have not tried it.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      I don't know what it is...so I guess I have not tried it.....lol
      It's where you stand in a cold chamber until you freeze your juevos and can't feel the pain and then they call it "cured" because you can't feel $h!t

Comment

My wife did it 2-3 times, said at the time she felt it helped but hasn’t been back anymore.

Comment

Been told by a bigger gal that it burns 1,500 calories, and she did it 5 to 7 times a week.

Snake oil if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Been told by a bigger gal that it burns 1,500 calories, and she did it 5 to 7 times a week.

Snake oil if you ask me.
            Yeah it doesn't do that...

There doesn't seem to be much real benefit to it, cold water therapy seems to be quite legit but hard to make money off that.

Comment

One of the therapies burns a bit supposedly. I’m all sore from a good lifting week so I’m gunna go do the 180 second therapy today.

Comment

"A series of small randomized studies found WBC offers improvements in subjective recovery and muscle soreness following metabolic or mechanical overload, but little benefit towards functional recovery... Until further research is available, athletes should remain cognizant that less expensive modes of cryotherapy, such as local ice-pack application or cold-water immersion, offer comparable physiological and clinical effects to WBC."

Comment

Sounds like a good way to separate fools from their money.

Comment

My wife talked me into a couple sessions in Canada a couple years ago. Bluntly I thought it was one of the dumbest things I have ever done and saw no real benefit. It is freakin cold!

Now on another topic I have been doing the Wim Hoff breathing and cold shower concept and find that beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      Now on another topic I have been doing the Wim Hoff breathing and cold shower concept and find that beneficial.
                      You freedive, dude? Never thought i'd see WH mentioned on this site.
                      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 01-22-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post

Athletes have been doing ice baths'/treatment for years to treat acute injuries. I think the cryo therapy is an offshoot of that and may have some merit, but a $2 bag of ice in the tub will achieve a similar result.

I'm curious about Wim Hoff. I saw Jesse Itzler had a session with him. What benefits are you seeing from this? I've been considering giving it a shot.

Comment

My wifes friend owns a place that does it in ft worth, theyre now opening a dallas location. Pretty bogus stuff. Its just to trick women out of your hard earned money. Tell your wife to go and have a good time. Dont be scared to ask for a mouth hug when she gets home.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                            My wifes friend owns a place that does it in ft worth, theyre now opening a dallas location. Pretty bogus stuff. Its just to trick women out of your hard earned money. Tell your wife to go and have a good time. Dont be scared to ask for a mouth hug when she gets home.
                            "Mouth hug" LMAO [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                              Athletes have been doing ice baths'/treatment for years to treat acute injuries. I think the cryo therapy is an offshoot of that and may have some merit, but a $2 bag of ice in the tub will achieve a similar result.

I'm curious about Wim Hoff. I saw Jesse Itzler had a session with him. What benefits are you seeing from this? I've been considering giving it a shot.
                              Go on youtube, there are videos with WH and he talks about his theory, its become huge.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X