Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation for hog and doe/yew hunt for TRAD BOW (maybe rifle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for hog and doe/yew hunt for TRAD BOW (maybe rifle)

Hey guys, been a while since i posted here. Currently living in MT and will be driving down to TX as early as mid Jan until as late as mid Feb.

To explain that long winded title a bit better...i plan to pursue what has eluded me for years, my first stone arrowhead kill with my primitive bow...in other words i need a 10-15yard shot under a feeder. Not Diamond C, not T4Exotics(Dean is having surgery), what ever happened to Big Oak is that place still any good, when Marty left i never head anything more about it. Anyway i think you get the idea. Maximum affordable animals visiting the feeders frequently. Not interested in trophy's. Ill be in DFW and Kerrville, so anything 3 hours or so from either of those is doable. Would like to hunt at least 2 days maybe 4. Week or weekend.

Now for the curveball, i plan to bring my .300 blackout for if i come up empty handed. So it would be cool if they allowed rifles however i would give up that privilege gladly for a great bow only ranch that can cater to us trad guys.

Look forward to hearing what yall know, thanks in advance fellas!

Lostcreekhunting.com. Trace and Jacob are great guys. Tell them what you are trying to do and they will hook you up. Tell them Keith told you to call.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
      Lostcreekhunting.com. Trace and Jacob are great guys. Tell them what you are trying to do and they will hook you up. Tell them Keith told you to call.
      How big is the place? Don’t see it listed on website.

Comment

I think around 350 or so

Comment

I appreciate the advice fanatic. After some research i narrowed it down to 3 and that is one of them. Now its just a matter of setting the date.

Comment

Stone arrowhead kills, something that I have been chasing for a long time. This week it happened in Jacksboro, Texas. Used my latest 5 curve Osage shortbow made by me. Thanks to Lost Creek Bowhunting Ranch for the support and facilitation.
            Attached Files

Comment

There you go. Nicely done.

Comment

Thanks TP3! Im still excited about the weekends opportunities and lessons.

Comment

Congrats on the trad kills Shelton. I bet you are excited.

Comment

Be sure and post pics on the 2020 trad harvest thread in the Traditional forum.

Comment

Congrats !!!! That is awesome Glad the hunt worked out I saw the pics on Lost Creeks Facebook page. I love the stone arrowhead

Comment

PYbuck-great idea!

fanatic-thanks man! and for the suggestion too.

Comment

Nice equipment and harvests!

Comment

Working...
                          X