Which Skid Steer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Skid Steer

Looking to buy a skid steer and with all the different models it is hard to weed through them all. What brand do you like and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a CAT guy, 279D. Weight/hp ratio is good and it doesn’t use muffler fluid. I’ve got a dozen attachments for it and haven’t found a job I can’t do with it.

Comment

I did a ton of research and decided on a Cat 289D3. It turned out to be a great choice. No DEF either. Otherwise I would have gone for a little bigger.

Comment

I have the Cat 262D and it’s a beast. We were doing a lot of fencing work and it drove 2 3/8 pipe through very thick rock like a champ. (Coryell Co) The Dahuser unit is worth the $ if you have a lot of post driving to do.

Comment

I work at a kubota dealer in temple, I can get you with a salesman.

Comment

What are you planning on doing with it? That’s going to determine what model will best suit your needs.

Comment

Kubota, for the door alone

Comment

My son works for a cat dealership as a field tech that specializes in the skid steers and smaller equipment. He says CAT all the way. They're just made to work.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                  What are you planning on doing with it? That’s going to determine what model will best suit your needs.

Everything. Shredding, brush raking, moving rock. Fence post digging. Moving heavy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    Kubota, for the door alone
                    This guy knows what he’s taking about. From a safety standpoint, kubota. CAT is a pure workhorse, I just wish they did something about the door. If your bucket is anything more than scraping the ground, you cannot open it.

Comment

Jcb

Comment

I’ve got a 2015 Kubota SVL90-2, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                          This guy knows what he’s taking about. From a safety standpoint, kubota. CAT is a pure workhorse, I just wish they did something about the door. If your bucket is anything more than scraping the ground, you cannot open it.

Rented a kubota with a mulcher. Roughly 1000 hours on machine, walking into a tree and the door came open multiple times as I started cutting, not very safe in my opinion.

Comment

I went with a 2021 Deere 333G. Most comfortable cab and stabile machine on the market. My options at first were deere and cat, ran a 299 cat with a mulcher and the cab was just uncomfortable as could be. Elbows hit the windows, poor visibility, seat sits almost straight up. I run mine almost every single day mainly for dirt work. If you are drum mulching ASV is the way to go. Demo a deere and a cat and take comparisons. Another thing to look at is engineering. The rollers on a cat and deer are two ledges versus one single ledge on the kubota, track slips the ledge on a kubota it’s off completely. Track slips one ledge on cat or deere and you have a chance to correct your mistake, I speak from experience on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                              I went with a 2021 Deere 333G. Most comfortable cab and stabile machine on the market. My options at first were deere and cat, ran a 299 cat with a mulcher and the cab was just uncomfortable as could be. Elbows hit the windows, poor visibility, seat sits almost straight up. I run mine almost every single day mainly for dirt work. If you are drum mulching ASV is the way to go. Demo a deere and a cat and take comparisons. Another thing to look at is engineering. The rollers on a cat and deer are two ledges versus one single ledge on the kubota, track slips the ledge on a kubota it’s off completely. Track slips one ledge on cat or deere and you have a chance to correct your mistake, I speak from experience on that one!

Why the ASV for the drum mulcher? I’m starting to shop for a SS/mulcher combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X