Fenceline Herbicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fenceline Herbicide

I recently bought a place that required a lot of clearing on one side. I have already fenced it and the vines are growing 4-5 ft in a freaking week. There are trees that I do not want to kill but I need to get the vegetation under control. What is the best way to contain/get rid of the invasive vegetation without killing the trees in your experience? Trees are 20-30 ft tall if that is taken into consideration. Thanks in advance.

What county are we talking about? I would cut the vines at the ground and spray them with some serious herbicide, such as Remedy/diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      What county are we talking about? I would cut the vines at the ground and spray them with some serious herbicide, such as Remedy/diesel.
      Waller. I would do the above but really worried about the trees.

Comment

Are the branches low on trees or did you trim them up?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Are the branches low on trees or did you trim them up?
          They're trimmed up as high as I can get with a polesaw.

Comment

From Remedy's website

Small amounts of Remedy Ultra can kill or injure many broadleaf plants. ... Over spray, or spray drift of Remedy Ultra Herbicide can harm desired plants. While a light over spray won't be enough to kill a fully matured tree, it can certainly kill the leaves it has contacted. The tree should recover in time.

I guess painting it on VS spray or am I overthinking this?

Comment

I use atrazine and round up, kills em dead, fast, and gives you some residual!

Comment

Remedy or roundup will work. Hand spray and keep it off the leaves of the trees and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  Remedy or roundup will work. Hand spray and keep it off the leaves of the trees and you should be fine.
                  Thank you sir

Comment

Eraser max works great. Just spray along the ground and not up the fence, where wind could catch it and take it to the trees.

Comment

Appreciate the responses

Comment

I am not saying the guys are wrong, but I use Remedy to kill trees. I ring the trunk at the bottom and it kills them stone dead most of the time. Sometimes they recover.

Use great caution with the Remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                          I am not saying the guys are wrong, but I use Remedy to kill trees. I ring the trunk at the bottom and it kills them stone dead most of the time. Sometimes they recover.

Use great caution with the Remedy.
                          That's the confusing part for me as well. Oak is on the list of stuff it kills.

Comment

its super simple. Rm43 and dish soap will control it all year long. I use this right up to the base of trees and have never had a issue with it ever.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger300 View Post
                              its super simple. Rm43 and dish soap will control it all year long. I use this right up to the base of trees and have never had a issue with it ever.
                              I will check this out. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X