Bergara 308 ammo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara 308 ammo question

Just picked up a Bergara b14 hmr w/ a 20” barrel. Wandering what ammo y’all have found that shoot well. Rifle will be used primarily for white tail hunting if that matters on the feedback. Thanks for all of the info so far guys!

Hornady match shot best for me. 168gr

The eldx also did well.

Comment

I shoot Core-Lokt 150gr out of my Ridge SP version with and 19” barrel.

Comment

I shoot Federal Gold medal Matchking 168gr or Federal Gold medal Berger hybrid 168gr

Some matchking available:

Shopping for the Gold Medal Sierra MatchKing - Learn more about the latest Gold Medal Sierra MatchKing and other hunting or shooting gear at Federal Ammunition.

Here is bergara recommendation:

Last edited by jomw10; 07-07-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Barrel twist will help decide but Ive had best accuracy with 165+ gr. Would prefer 150gr bc a little more speed but the rifle likes 165.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
            Hornady match shot best for me. 168gr

The eldx also did well.
            I would start with a box of each of these and go from there.
            You likely wont have to look any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
              Just picked up a Bergara b14 hmr w/ a 20” barrel. Wandering what ammo y’all have found that shoot well. Rifle will be used primarily for white tail hunting if that matters on the feedback. Thanks for all of the info so far guys!
              .308 win- 168 Federal Gold Medal Match, 175 gr. Federal Gold Medal Match, Berger 175 gr OTM

This is from Bergara. Any questions you might have email them at contact@bpiguns.com and they normally answer that day. I purchased a 300 Win Mag from them in December and asked that very question and got the complete list of every caliber they have and what they recommend.

Comment

Working...
              X