Advice on Archery for exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Archery for exercise

I’m looking at getting back into archery just for the exercise aspect of it and have some questions for the green screen. Would it be worth it to get a newer setup just for shooting in the back yard being the quality is higher or just getting something that goes thwack? Don’t plan on hunting with it any just a range of motion and exercise thing. Thanks I’m advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much exercise in archery period. What physical there is to archery is not balanced. If looking for physical health Id seek a different activity

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Not much exercise in archery period. What physical there is to archery is not balanced. If looking for physical health Id seek a different activity

X2

Comment

X3, I have shot archery my entire life. Not much exercise in it at all, but if you must I would go used. You can get some really great equipment that is 5 years old for some killer deals. A 2015 Hoyt is a great bow, same for Mathews. Stay away from Bowtech, back then they had a terrible time with their limbs blowing up.

Good luck,

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
          X3, I have shot archery my entire life. Not much exercise in it at all, but if you must I would go used. You can get some really great equipment that is 5 years old for some killer deals. A 2015 Hoyt is a great bow, same for Mathews. Stay away from Bowtech, back then they had a terrible time with their limbs blowing up.

Good luck,

Let me rephrase, I need a reason to get the heck outside again. I know when I was shooting I didn’t have nearly as many neck issues from stretching out those upper shoulder muscles a lot and it gives me something to do outside that involves walking and a whole lot of sweat[emoji23]

Comment

Find you a place where you can set up a 100yd range with a downhill grade of at least 40%

Shoot 1 arrow and retrieve

Repeat until you can't make it back to the top

Won't matter if you can't hit the target

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Find you a place where you can set up a 100yd range with a downhill grade of at least 40%

Shoot 1 arrow and retrieve

Repeat until you can't make it back to the top

Won't matter if you can't hit the target
              He’ll be running marathons by September

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                Let me rephrase, I need a reason to get the heck outside again. I know when I was shooting I didn’t have nearly as many neck issues from stretching out those upper shoulder muscles a lot and it gives me something to do outside that involves walking and a whole lot of sweat[emoji23]

If shooting your bow works to help with those neck issues, go for it. Make those arrows fly every chance you get.

Comment

Working...
                X