Need weed killer recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need weed killer recommendations

Need a concentrated weed killer that is safe for bermuda. I mainly have Poa Annua but there are other weeds mixed in. I fertilized with a slow release that has a weed killer in it. I'm assuming that it is a pre-emergent and the spray is post emergent. I will be mixing it and using it in a towable sprayer.

Also, I need to spread bermuda seed in some areas. How long after I spray do I need to wait before I can seed?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Grazon Next HL is what we spray on costal bermuda. Gets a a great kill on weeds.

Comment

Depends on what you are trying to kill. 24D will take care of a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
        Grazon Next HL is what we spray on costal bermuda. Gets a a great kill on weeds.
        I believe that this requires an applicators license to purchase, doesn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
          I believe that this requires an applicators license to purchase, doesn’t it?
          I don’t think it’s restricted use. I’m not sure though, I have a Certified applicator license though so I generally don’t bother worrying about it. Quite a few people around me spray it and I know they don’t have any kind of license so I’m not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            Depends on what you are trying to kill. 24D will take care of a lot.

That’s what I use .

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
              I should have been more specific. We have a tiff bermuda around the house and costal in the pastures. Is Grazon safe for Tiff?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can buy 2-4D in quart container without a license

Comment

I used 24d and Pastora on my tiff Bermuda this year and it knocked out all weeds... broadleaves and grasses. The only thing left is Bermuda.

Pastora is pretty steep but it's worth it. Don't get discouraged, it takes about 2 weeks for grasses to look like anything happened to them. It even knocked out KR Bluestem which roundup wouldn't even kill.

Also, get the 24d concentrate, not the stuff from the lawn section. It should be 30+%.
                  Last edited by Reelthreat; 04-26-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

MSMA is good on grassy weeds - poa, dallis grass, etc but wont harm bermuda.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                      I used 24d and Pastora on my tiff Bermuda this year and it knocked out all weeds... broadleaves and grasses. The only thing left is Bermuda.

Pastora is pretty steep but it's worth it. Don't get discouraged, it takes about 2 weeks for grasses to look like anything happened to them. It even knocked out KR Bluestem which roundup wouldn't even kill.

Also, get the 24d concentrate, not the stuff from the lawn section. It should be 30+%.

Where did you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That Poa Annua is hard to kill, I sprayed 24D on it and it doesn’t touch it.
                        I’m not sure if anything will kill other than roundup, pre emergent and post emergent.
                        Following thread

Comment

Got my 2 4-d off Amazon.

It works... but I think I got my mix a little strong and the places I sprayed it killed everything. I mean everything. I have brown spots everywhere in my yard

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                            Got my 2 4-d off Amazon.

It works... but I think I got my mix a little strong and the places I sprayed it killed everything. I mean everything. I have brown spots everywhere in my yard
                            Yikes, mixed it HOT!

For broadleaf mixed in with Bermuda, 2 4-D is what I use and have had really good luck with it. Definitely be careful not to overdo it!

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                              Where did you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Tractor Supply in the farming section not the lawn section. It's a little 5oz bottle that cost a little over $100 but covers 5 acres.

BTW, it knocked out Poa Annua also.
                              Last edited by Reelthreat; 04-26-2021, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X