I can't compete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't compete.

Just checked my e-mail and got one from the City of Allen informing me of vaccine appointments available. They sent it at 10:45 last night! I was sleeping! Then they sent anther one at 11:45 saying all slots were filled. I have to get up and come to work every morning. I can't be checking my e-mail every 5 minutes like all the work at home folks can. I can't compete. Do I want the vaccine - yes. Am I panicking over it - no. But what good does it do to register on a waiting list if they are just going to throw it up for grabs? Rant over.

Consider it a blessing...

Comment

Just keep at it. Demand will subside as more people get it. Think of it like toilet paper this time last year. Couldn’t get it anywhere, but somehow you know that at some point you’ll be able to get it. ...only people aren’t hoarding the vaccine, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like they are getting more and more available, hopefully will be more available pretty quick.

Hope you get in quick

Comment

Get on another list or two. Play it from multiple sides. Some of the smaller places don't have as long waiting period for appointments.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Try this site, Randy.

Vaccines.gov helps you find clinics, pharmacies, and other locations that offer COVID‑19 vaccines in the United States.

Enter your zip code and it will give you a lot more locations than you knew existed. And, you can filter on which vaccine you want.

Comment

I waited till they texted me. Methodist hospital texted all their geezers and notified them when they could come in. Biggest hassle for me was trying to park and back up in the parking garage with people flying by you and stopped behind you waiting for line to move.
              When I got inside the line moved really fast. Counting the wait of about 20 minutes after the shot I was there probably an hour at most. Said they would vaccinate 2200 people that day.

Comment

There are going to be more available soon, hang in there.

Comment

Why dont you just go get it at walgreens or cvs. Thats what all the old people who are worked up about it do around here.

Its not a big deal. Everyone i know who wants one has already got it.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    Just keep at it. Demand will subside as more people get it. Think of it like toilet paper this time last year. Couldn’t get it anywhere, but somehow you know that at some point you’ll be able to get it. ...only people aren’t hoarding the vaccine, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    This is how I'm looking at it. Just wait and it will come. Its just the way they are doing it sucks.
                    Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Get on another list or two. Play it from multiple sides. Some of the smaller places don't have as long waiting period for appointments.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                    I've got me and my wife on 5 different lists. I only here from 2.

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Try this site, Randy.

Vaccines.gov helps you find clinics, pharmacies, and other locations that offer COVID‑19 vaccines in the United States.

Enter your zip code and it will give you a lot more locations than you knew existed. And, you can filter on which vaccine you want.
                    I'll check this out. Thanks.
                    Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    Why dont you just go get it at walgreens or cvs. Thats what all the old people who are worked up about it do around here.

Its not a big deal. Everyone i know who wants one has already got it.
                    You have to have an appointment at CVS or Walgreens. They only get a set amount of doses like everyone else.

We'll get the shot sooner or later. Its just the way its being handled sucks.

Comment

Biden said you will get it no later than May 1 right?
                      Relax you’re in good hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Its like your desperately trying to score a pair of Phil Collins tickets from your local radio station

Comment

You can have mine.
                          My doctor's office has tried to schedule me twice. Finally told them I didn't plan to get it and to give it to someone who wants one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to have an appointment at CVS or Walgreens. They only get a set amount of doses like everyone else.

Why not schedule one?

Dallas, TX Available

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Its like your desperately trying to score a pair of Phil Collins tickets from your local radio station
                              Ain't that the durn truth!
                              Originally posted by myway View Post

Why not schedule one?

Dallas, TX Available
                              Appointments aren't available until they get their doses in for the week. Once those are booked, you have to wait for next week. Can't schedule ahead of time for the following week.

Comment

Working...
                              X