Muzzle Break or Flash Hider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzle Break or Flash Hider?

I know they have different functions, but, if you were to choose, which would you run with your silencer?

OR

If you plan on ever shooting unsuppressed, flash hider.

Comment

Brake all day when used with a suppressor. Acts as a sacrificial blast baffle, and will prolong the life of your can.

Comment

I use the brake.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
          Brake all day when used with a suppressor. Acts as a sacrificial blast baffle, and will prolong the life of your can.
          Does the Flash Hider hurt the can?

My friend who's wondering,,, may get one of each...

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
            This. But man is it rough on a 10.5" when the can isn't attached.

Comment

I prefer brakes with cans.

Comment

I use the brakes as well

Comment

so the scenario is that there's one can being shared by two guns.

One is a 16" barrel and the other is a 10.5" barrel. The 10.5" will probably be used more for hunting and have the Can on it most of the time and already has a Flash Hider on it. Should the Break be put on the pistol since it's going to be used with a can more often? Will the flash Hider hurt or compromise the Can's performance?

I didn't know the break helps and protects the can.

Comment

The study I saw showed that it took a very high round count to show wear when using a flash hider. At the current cost of ammo I don't think most people would shoot enough rounds in their lifetime for it to matter. Unless you're having range days every weekend with friends or go to multi day courses frequently, I think you'll be fine either way.

If the flash hider you already have is compatible with the can then sure I would run the brake on the 10.5 and just toss the flash hider on the 16"

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                      so the scenario is that there's one can being shared by two guns.

One is a 16" barrel and the other is a 10.5" barrel. The 10.5" will probably be used more for hunting and have the Can on it most of the time and already has a Flash Hider on it. Should the Break be put on the pistol since it's going to be used with a can more often? Will the flash Hider hurt or compromise the Can's performance?

I didn't know the break helps and protects the can.
                      If it already has the flash hider on it, just use it and don't worry about it.
                      It's a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        If it already has the flash hider on it, just use it and don't worry about it.
                        It's a non-issue.
                        may order a Muzzle break and put it on the pistol and take the flash hider and put it on the rifle.

last question,
                        how is the Muzzle Break rough on a pistol to shoot without a can?
                        (read it on here earlier)

Comment

So not hearing/volume related: I'd describe it as being slapped in the face by a toddler. Doesn't hurt, but definitely annoying haha. The hearing/volume situation is an obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
                            So not hearing/volume related: I'd describe it as being slapped in the face by a toddler. Doesn't hurt, but definitely annoying haha. The hearing/volume situation is an obvious.
                            Gotcha!
                            so by " Muzzle Break is rough on a 10.5 barrel gun" is referring to the blast and sound and not rough on the gas block or the bolt/ chamber or anything else.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                              may order a Muzzle break and put it on the pistol and take the flash hider and put it on the rifle.

last question,
                              how is the Muzzle Break rough on a pistol to shoot without a can?
                              (read it on here earlier)
                              If you ever want to shoot without the suppressor, the break is going to be very, very, very loud and the muzzle blast will be intense on that 10.5. It won't hurt the gun.

To each their own, but what you are contemplating is the opposite of what I would do. I would put the flash hider on the shorter barrel and the break on the longer barrel. It won't be as bad on the longer barrel.

Comment

Working...
                              X