No announcement yet.

Removing a member from a deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give him a copy of the rules and warn him if he does not adhere to the lease rules he will be told to get your **** off the property. If not, your property will be across the fence as *FREE* for anyone who wants it>>

Comment

If he is already starting his drama before season then give him a refund and tell him to go

No need to go through all season with a bunch of drama.

I do no have a lease but if I did it would not be to go put up with a bunch of nonsense

Comment

If right now, it is only something that MAY need done, have the conversation with him about that. That way he isn’t blind sided if it does happen and has a chance to fix mistakes and keep it from happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
          Do y'all have a train station on your lease?
          Taking a page out of Yellowstone I see! Haha

Comment

Everyone on my lease got kicked off because of a hunter who broke the rules. Sometime around the rut the rancher told us to get our stuff and get off. That day! So I did.

Comment

“Hey Man, I consider you a friend but you are not a good fit on this deer lease. I need you to get your stuff off and best of luck finding a new place”

If he ask why, tell him why. Don’t overthink it

Comment

When I was younger I had a short temper and took hunting way too seriously. I almost loss great friends over stupid stuff

So I've been the problem child. I've also been the lease manager. So I've got both perspectives.

Talk to him man to man so the behavior doesn't continue.

Then tell him to hit the road.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  Honestly there’s a lot too this. We’re friends, but he doesn’t really listen. Once we had broken water lines and he and some guests stayed at the camp for several days with them leaking, knowing they were leaking, and didn’t fix them. They ride around all hours of the night drinking beer. We allow hog hunting with dogs RARELY and only with landowner approval before we do it. Last year they did it without telling anyone. If there’s ever a disagreement or argument between members, he’s at the center. I know this sounds weird but he’s really a good guy…its like he just doesn’t get it and talking to him just starts an argument. There’s already been some whining and season hasn’t even started. I just don’t think I’m gonna deal with it again next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You have put up with a lot more than I would! It sounds like you need to direct him to a Beer lease! It’s a shame that you will have to deal with this this whole season.

Comment

Depending on your landowner situation I'd inform him you have a problem member you're going to get rid of (if you have one your regularly communicate with and doesn't mind the contact). Let him know the problems that way they guy won't come back and try to undercut you or create drama with the landowner. Hunting is supposed to be fun and relaxing, I just don't think I'd deal with that friend or no. I'd put him on notice right now and say this is your probation year, any more issues and you won't be allowed to renew next year. Give him the option to fix his mistakes.

Comment

I've had to do it multiple times on my lease. In my experience I just told them straight up we're giving your spot to someone else next year and you have until March 15 to gather your stuff. Some knew it was coming based on having to be reminded throughout the year about our basic set of rules. Some were surprised and didn't hunt much anyway. The ones I hate are the ones who want to leave all their crappy blinds behind.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Around here.....The most common reason for a member being removed is killing the biggest deer on the lease two years in a row. I dont know how your agreement reads but most have a disclaimer that members can vecremoved at the managers discretion.
                        I was denied a spot on a lease one time because I had showed the lease manager deer I had killed in East Tx and he was afraid I was going to kill his big deer and other members wouldn’t have a chance at them. It was the craziest thing to this day I have ever heard a lease manager say lol !

Comment

I don’t envy your situation, tough part about leasing property.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                            It’s just like firing someone. Tell them they’re fired and to pack their shot!
                            This right here. There’s very few men left in this world. I like straight and to the point. And I’d be there when they packed their “stuff “ making sure they don’t damage anything or take something that wasn’t theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              This right here. There’s very few men left in this world. I like straight and to the point. And I’d be there when they packed their “stuff “ making sure they don’t damage anything or take something that wasn’t theirs.
                              I really don't think he'd do anything like that, but good point. You never know I guess. If we weren't friends it wouldn't be such a quandary. We've had some good times but drama just gets old. I just know he's gonna be butthurt.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                                I really don't think he'd do anything like that, but good point. You never know I guess. If we weren't friends it wouldn't be such a quandary. We've had some good times but drama just gets old. I just know he's gonna be butthurt.
                                You’ve been sayin drama, what I’ve been seeing from your posts he is showing blatant out right disrespect! How long before the other hunters start getting upset with you for allowing this to happen to them? Get rid of the cancer quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X