Brisket on Tregaer how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
    Should’ve started it earlier… but I usually do mine on my pellet smoker 225 until internal temp is 160 then wrap in the pink butcher paper and put it back on until it’s about 200-205 then wrap in a old towel and let it sit in a cooler for a couple of hours. Seasonings will be different for everyone’s taste salt and pepper is the tried and true sole people inject I’ve tried comes out fine either way. I like mine a little sweeter I use a rub that has salt pepper garlic onion and a little brown sugar.
    This^^^
    I did my first brisket this past week on my new Traeger and did this very method. 4 hours on 225, wrap and then about another 3 1/2 hours until 203 degrees. Wrapped in towel, out in Yeti for an hour and served.
    For my first brisket I thought it turned out really good.
    Besides salt and pepper, I also covered it in the Traeger Beef rub.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a Brisket and a rack of Beef Back Ribs in the Camp Chef Woodwind now. Ill smoke it at 220 degrees till it hits about 165, then wrap it it butcher paper and put it in the oven at 185 over night. Ill take it out in the morning and put it in a yeti to rest.

My kids prefer brisket tacos and like the brisket where it almost falls apart.

Comment

I am curious as to how dinner went.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

We did ours last weekend at 225 for 12 hours (16lb brisket). Wrapped for 4 hours at 185. And uncovered one last time at 250 for an hour to firm the bark up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
            This^^^
            I did my first brisket this past week on my new Traeger and did this very method. 4 hours on 225, wrap and then about another 3 1/2 hours until 203 degrees. Wrapped in towel, out in Yeti for an hour and served.
            For my first brisket I thought it turned out really good.
            Besides salt and pepper, I also covered it in the Traeger Beef rub.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            I'll 3rd this, but i go by meat temp, as time has nothing to do with it.
            Internal temp until 160-180, then wrap and IT of 200-205. The let rest for a couple of hours at least.
            I don't put in a cooler or anything, just leave on the counter.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              I am curious as to how dinner went.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
              Put it on the Treager at 6:30pm, got it set on 180, just a sandwich for dinner tonight. Lol
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                Put it on the Treager at 6:30pm, got it set on 180, just a sandwich for dinner tonight. Lol
                How did it go? At 180° it will never get where it needs to be temp wise. Hopefully you cranked it up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  How did it go? At 180° it will never get where it needs to be temp wise. Hopefully you cranked it up a little.
                  Yes sir after 8 hours on 180 degrees I cranked it up to 225, right now internal temp is 195, I’m going with a no wrap couldn’t find the peach butcher paper no where so I ordered some online for next time.

Hopefully this thing will be ready for lunch

Comment

Pic, of this thick Sucker
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks great! I'm looking into getting one soon myself.

Comment

Looks good.................

Comment

Yes sir after 8 hours on 180 degrees I cranked it up to 225, right now internal temp is 195, I’m going with a no wrap couldn’t find the peach butcher paper no where so I ordered some online for next time.

Hopefully this thing will be ready for lunch
                          HEB sells the pink butcher paper in large rolls for BBQ. It’s over by the aluminum foil.

Comment

Looks really good MrRMW. Could you slice and take a pic. Im curious to know how thick your pink smoke ring is in the meat.

Most of the replys about 200-250-whatever seems low for smoking and putting the meat on for a good smoke ring. I like actual wood fire smoke (not knocking pellets) and around 325 for the initial smoking for a couple hours. My pink rings are typically 1/4” thick or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                              HEB sells the pink butcher paper in large rolls for BBQ. It’s over by the aluminum foil.
                              That’s where I went and looked all they had was white meat wrap, wife went to Rosenberg Kroger’s and said she didn’t see any also.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                Looks really good MrRMW. Could you slice and take a pic. Im curious to know how thick your pink smoke ring is in the meat.

Most of the replys about 200-250-whatever seems low for smoking and putting the meat on for a good smoke ring. I like actual wood fire smoke (not knocking pellets) and around 325 for the initial smoking for a couple hours. My pink rings are typically 1/4” thick or more.
                                Will do!

Comment

Working...
                                X