We’re Gonna Add an AC The Camper….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Noooooooooo......not another hole in the roof.......J/K........looks great and a whole lot better than what the manufacturer would have done.....keep us posted Dale.....
    Lol! You and your hatred for holes cracks me up!

Comment

I took most of the afternoon off due to a fried chicken coma.

I did get that sob up there though!

Highly recommend leaving the cover on it while handling, otherwise it might as well be a 90lb ball of razor blades. I set a sheet of plywood up there too, to protect the roof.

This is the basic layout. I don’t really like how that old TV antennae mounting spot fell where it did, but I’ll try to do surgery on that tomorrow. I didn’t really want to cut that hole today anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you actually use your antenna? I think I read above you were gonna relocate it? Mine never got used.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Do you actually use your antenna? I think I read above you were gonna relocate it? Mine never got used.

It’ll get a few channels in town, but no I rarely ever use it. I just coiled the wire up in the ceiling because I don’t want to mess with it.

I had some 1X6 leftover from something, so I ripped it down and boxed in the opening. Also taped off the other sides with foil tape just because it was bugging me. Hopefully the saw doesn’t get to much of it.

Comment

A mini split would save from making a hole in the roof. Potential future leak or tearing the unit off the roof on branches ( what happen to a friend of ours). Plus you can heat or cool with them. But interested in watching the process.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                Looking good

Is there any reason I can’t just cut through the rubber roof, plywood and all on those lines outside the 4 bolt holes?

I was gonna peel the rubber back and cut the plywood so I could wrap the rubber down in the hole some, but if water beats that big gasket/seal on the unit, it’s coming in anyway…

Comment

I generally cut the the rubber and roof at the same time.

Comment

Thank you sir! That’ll save me mucho time…and sawdust.

That being the case, I probly only have about 30 minutes to go for meat hanging cold.

Comment

Are you adding a second a/c or the trailer didn’t come with one?

Comment

We’re Gonna Add an AC The Camper….

I’m adding a 2nd one. The one does ok after it’s cooled down, but if I turn it on with no shade on a really hot day it won’t get below 80 until the sun sets. It was 65 in here overnight but today it was stupid hot and it never shut off all day, and got up to about 74 in here. The extra one will cool it down quicker on those bad hot days, and take some load off the other one. It’s a 28’ trailer with one big slide.

I HATE being hot.

Comment

FWIW we bought an external antenna that gets twice the channels as the factory deal. Smaller that a roll of paper towels and under 50 bucks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-22-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I woulda thought you cut the membrane in an X and fold it down to the hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I woulda thought you cut the membrane in an X and fold it down to the hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                              I do when I'm installing a new rubber roof but when I'm adding a second one to a trailer. I just cut through them.

Comment

And we’re coolin!

Comment

Working...
                                X