Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys who successfully diet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never let the word diet enter my mind or my vocabulary. I just choose to eat healthy and exercise so that I feel the best that I can. Over the years what I eat and don't eat has just evolved and I came to a place where I eat very clean and low carb and enjoy it. 15 plus years ago I gave up soda and fast food and it progressed from there over the years. These days I prefer mostly only food that I cook or a select few restaurants that cook with good ingredients.

Comment

My opinion is DON’T cut our carbs completely. You will always fall off the wagon.

Starting about a year ago, I limited myself to no more than 180 cabs a day (60 per meal). Once my body adjusted to that I went to no more than 45 carbs per meal. I lost the weight at an even clip at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I didn't know you were rich!
        That's funny you say that...

When I was how much my Jack Links Teriyaki was a Walmart I started hiding it from my kids lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
          That's funny you say that...

When I was how much my Jack Links Teriyaki was a Walmart I started hiding it from my kids lol!
          I used to ask for guns, knives, bows for christmas. Now I ask for beef jerky!

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSHOG View Post
            hypnosis I thought it was a bunch of hoey but it worked for me. No cravings of bread or pasta lost 20lbs now 186 lean mass, mountain climbing beast.

Wait so someone hypnotized your fat butt into thinking you’re a 186 lbs mountain climbing machine?

I need that too!

Comment

Easiest way I’ve found to deal with cravings is down a big glass of water. Like a full 16oz bottles worth. Also helps with portion control if you drink a big glass before you sit down to eat your meals.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I know most of the info posted already and I guess its just a will power thing, and also not crash dieting to achieve results. I've always been able to lose weight pretty easy, also gain it as well. Last couple of years I've seen my will power really go to crap. Turned to a lot of alcohol which then leads to late night wings and fries or whatever else I can find late at night in Houston.

For 10 years now I've been a big no liquid calories (of course unless long islands, or margaritas) and honestly that is probably the biggest problem. Also taking an office job instead of being in the field.

Was just really wanting something bad this morning after only a couple of days so had to vent, and also wonder if there was something that would fix that dang craving.

Once again thanks, and if nothing else at least I've got a little motivation.

anyone know where to find the Hypnotist?? Just in case! haha

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDale View Post
                  Easiest way I’ve found to deal with cravings is down a big glass of water. Like a full 16oz bottles worth. Also helps with portion control if you drink a big glass before you sit down to eat your meals.
                  Haven't tried this! Thanks!! I struggle getting enough water as is.

Comment

Will power is hard if you consume lots of carbs. If you eat carbs, you crave more carbs. No way around that. But if you limit carbs and eat mostly fats for fuel, you will find that you don't need to muster a bunch of will power. You can eat as much as you want and be satisfied until next meal time - and lose weight in the process without trying to limit calories.

Comment

I eat chicken and eggs….lots and lots of chicken and eggs.

Breakfast is typically 7egg whites and one whole egg.
                      Then 6oz of chicken mid morning, 6oz more for lunch, 6 oz more mid afternoon, then more eggs or chicken or fish for dinner.

I will throw in small amounts of carbs for morning and lunch meals, but no carbs after lunch. Typically do brown rice (less than the size of your palm).

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        beef jerky
                        not low carb

Comment

These are legit! Microwave pork skins!
                          Attached Files

Comment

MrNole…first thing…eat respectively to your blood type…first and foremost. Read the book by Dr Dadamo “Eat right 4 your (blood) type”. Synopsis: eat according to your genetic predisposition.

Second…pack a lunch and snacks in a pack and/or (my pref) carry a lunch box and half gallon plus of water. I pack in my Igloo Lunchmate 1/4 lb cheese, whole large carrots, baked potatoes, whole broccoli, microwaved sweet potatoes, boiled eggs, various cooked meats, bananas, apples, oranges, plums, nectarines, jar of peanut butter, tortillas, fried eggs, all thereabouts in any given random combination on any random day…with ice. Somethings like tortillas and peanut butter dont need be kept cool get ejected from the cooler and free range the truck. I use the same gatorade bottle of ice everyday to keep my cooler cold without all the water mess.

Third…be especially cognizant of your tasty beverage or choice…most Americans are fat from what they drink…be it Budweiser, Miller, CocaCola, Diet Coke, MtnDew, Big Red and Titos, etc.

Fourth… eat leftover soups. I mix various leftovers from the fridge and mix with chicken or beef boullioun to make broth. This really helps me stay hydrated all day during the summer times. Most given days, I start snacking on my soup mid morning until early/late afternoon. The bigger the soup the less I pack and eat from the cooler.

Its more of a lifestyle than fad.

Good luck MrNole.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-19-2021, 05:00 PM. Reason: GatoradeBottleIceLunchmateNoMessSpake

Comment

Italian cravings…make baked/roasted chicken marinated with Italian dressing and pack in the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                MrNole…first thing…eat respectively to your blood type…first and foremost. Read the book by Dr Dadamo “Eat right 4 your (blood) type”. Synopsis: eat according to your genetic predisposition.
                                My parents have stuck to the blood type diet for many years and are in great shape for being 87 and 90 years old.

I can usually tell when I eat foods on my "avoid list" because I'll feel tired or bloated, but I usually eat them anyway.

I got on a zero carb diet about 20 years ago. Ate very few carbs or saturated fats for a month and lost 30 pounds. Gained it back in a few months.

What has worked for me is cutting out almost all sodium. I was consuming over 5000 mg a day with the stuff I was eating...canned soup, crackers, sausage, etc.
                                I dropped my salt intake and lost 30 pounds in about 3 weeks and have kept it off for over 3 years. Blood pressure greatly improved too.

Comment

Working...
                                X