No announcement yet.

why doesnt anyone want to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[emoji23] I feel like I am being cheated. I work two jobs! Only because I want to. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      People used to be embarrassed to be on unemployment. Today's day and age it is quite the contrary.
      I think its the type of people who are willing to take it have grown.

On the other hand trying to find someone willing to take my money is also short. I cant get people to call back who claim to be in the repair business, lawn mowing, gravel or gutters.

The economy and lack of people willing to work and would rather shoot and steal has lined my pocket pretty good lately and there is no end in sight. Its unfortunate companies have to pay 50-65 an hour or someone to watch heavy equipment and a hole in the ground. But I aint complaining

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        It's pathetic.

We need to end welfare for all able bodied people. Let them get hungry.
        How do you handle the tens of thousands of businesses taking government welfare bailouts and still forcing people off onto the unemployment lines?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          The last part of your post describes our newest lab tech perfectly. She has 2 cracker jack box degrees and thinks she should be running the company. 35 years old and this is her first real job. Single and still living at home with Mommy.
          Let her take my spot. I’ve got deer to shoot, chickens to feed, & a rotary cutter needing attention

Comment

Everyone thinks they are management these days!
            Internet and youtube make you a Boss!

Comment

My take on Government Assistance: To get assistance you work for 4 hours a day picking up trash on the side of the road and search for a job for 4 hours, That would qualify you for 8 hours of assistance.
              It would not have to be picking up trash. It could be any job that you CAN do that we now pay taxes to get done. Some people can't work and that is okay, let them slide through.
              If you are too good to do the job, then you are too good for the assistance

Comment

I don't want to work. I so dang tired all the time.

Comment

Deleted
                  Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 07-29-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                    My take on Government Assistance: To get assistance you work for 4 hours a day picking up trash on the side of the road and search for a job for 4 hours, That would qualify you for 8 hours of assistance.
                    It would not have to be picking up trash. It could be any job that you CAN do that we now pay taxes to get done. Some people can't work and that is okay, let them slide through.
                    If you are too good to do the job, then you are too good for the assistance
                    I agree but who would keep up with their hours. Government would have to hire more people and that would cost more than what they are currently paying in hand outs. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                      Yeah, not many people actually look at it this way as well.

I’m just mostly glad to get out of unemployment, but I honestly didn’t like it at all.
                      It just made me so mad how people think they are struggling to hire people, but then there’s also people who are struggling to get a job.

It’s going both ways, not one.
                      I have experienced some of the same things you talked about. They say they need to hire, but a lot of employers are requiring a college degree for positions that don't require a college degree. (i.e. warehouseman, forklift operator). With so many out of work, they can raise the requirements and still get workers. I too, have submitted nearly a hundred resumes, have had interviews....but then nothing. Then I see the job listed later ??? I have applied for a job that I once worked at. Same company, same exact position. Left on good terms. Gave and worked out two week notice. Still no response. They had a layoff and laid off everyone within the department, and now business is picking up and have posted the job. Although they say there are not enough people wanting to work, I'm told that since I was laid off out of the oilfield, that don't want to hire me because when the oilfield industry comes back, they assume I will leave and go back to the oilfield.

Comment

ladrones - government bailouts of businesses need to end, too. Bush and Obama started that and it needs to end now.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          I agree but who would keep up with their hours. Government would have to hire more people and that would cost more than what they are currently paying in hand outs. JMO
                          Not hire more people... some unemployed person keeps up with time for their 4 hours a day.

Comment

To the OP, what industry are you in that you are looking to hire?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              It's pathetic. My parents and grandparents as well as my siblings and I would be completely embarrassed to take a dime from the government (aka my neighbor) to not work. I would rather clean porta cans than take money from the government, if I could work but couldn't find a job.

We need to end welfare for all able bodied people. Let them get hungry.
                              That’s why they are automatically depositing it into accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                                My problem is, while being unemployed for 10 months and sending like 30-60 applications to jobs that say they are desperately needing employees. And saying they can’t find anyone to hire.
                                Then I apply, I get no responses whatsoever, then a week or 2 later. They would send out a new application out saying they are desperately hiring and blah blah blah.
                                So I would send out applications again, then no one contacts then it’s the same never ending cycle again.

To me, if they are so desperately needing people, at least put an effort to all the applications that get send out.

Like who knows how many people are actually applying to them, but the company most likely has a very picky way of selecting the right person.
                                You might need to double check the resume, or do more research to see if your expectations are realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X