Solvent Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solvent Trap

I assume that since it's not a suppressor you don't need a license to manufacture and sell solvent traps but you know what they say about assume. Can anyone confirm? Also I understand that part of this is the fact that they are not marketed as DIY suppressor kits. If you market it as a kit, do you then need a license?

You're playing with fire with the ATF if you're trying to manufacture solvent trap kits domestically. Most of that stuff is imported from China anyway. But to answer your question, if its truly a solvent trap then you dont need a license.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
      You're playing with fire with the ATF if you're trying to manufacture solvent trap kits domestically. Most of that stuff is imported from China anyway. But to answer your question, if its truly a solvent trap then you dont need a license.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      But if it's a kit, you do?

Comment

As soon as you drill holes in the "baffles" I understand that changes everything. Wait until Sept. 1st and we should see some legal Texas Made items that will be affordable and quality made.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          As soon as you drill holes in the "baffles" I understand that changes everything. Wait until Sept. 1st and we should see some legal Texas Made items that will be affordable and quality made.

This was what I was about to ask about . Any idea how this is going to work ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            This was what I was about to ask about . Any idea how this is going to work ?
            Like a soup sandwich in the beginning I imagine.
            I still have a little faith in this state though, and I believe we'll come out winner .
            We're gonna soon find out.

Comment

I’m just trying to find out as it stands now, what’s the word on selling kits and/or solvent traps. Guess I’ll probably have to ask an attorney with check in-hand.

Comment

Had a customer / friend who's buddy ordered a couple of traps & gave him one...said buddy got a visit from atf.

My guy hooked up his trap to be used for it's intended purpose in his shop after that phone call just in case.

I wouldn't go near them myself much less peddle them.

Comment

Perfectly legal to sell a solvent trap kit and lots of people do and are doing it domestically. Just don't market it mention it or other wise attempt to hint at it being a suppressor and you would be fine.

Also don't sell it with any holes in it at all other than the thread adaptor to get it on the muzzle of the firearm. If your selling it with holes be prepared to get an atf visit and shut down.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

You don't need any holes. Just screw it on and fire an FMJ for the first bullet. You won't hear a thing I promise

Comment

How about a Texas made solvent trap come Sept 1?

Comment

����

Comment

Hi, I found the answer
                          5 Things You Need To Know About Solvent Trap 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Kylematthews View Post
                            Hi, I found the answer
                            Anybody bought a solvent trap from KMWhisper?

Comment

Originally posted by Kylematthews View Post
                              Hi, I found the answer
                              Thank you, Sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X