Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How crazy does Lake Lewisville get during the 4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How crazy does Lake Lewisville get during the 4th?

I’m considering taking my family out on the boat at Lake Lewisville to watch the fireworks. How crazy is the boat traffic /boat ramps on the 4th? Anybody have any tips. I like the idea of it, but I’ve seen some crazy stuff out there which makes me a little hesitant.

Last I heard lake was closed. Either way he’ll no! Russian rollet with on the water. Ole fashioned here.

Comment

Normally its a zoo

Comment

Bout like the rest of the Texas lakes on a holiday weekend.

Comment

Go to possum kingdom. You do t have to go into the party inside hells gate. Then anchor out bedside the ramp, eat a damming and watch the chaos until it clears up enough to get on your trailer

Comment

I would never risk my family out on the water when the potential for an BUI event was that high. It just seems that people get beyond crazy nowdays.

Comment

I went out on the lake many years ago in a nice bass boat. We were barely moving cause there was so much traffic on the lake but there was still some idiot going too fast too close to everyone. We ended up hitting his wake at a bad time when it merged with other wakes. The wave came completely over the boat and nearly sank us. It was the worst 4th of July ever.

Ended up getting home at 1-2 am and I lived in The Colony at the time. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Comment

It’s a lake. On the 4th….

Comment

Go to Pier 121 and rent a slip for the weekend, It's just under $100 for the weekend, drop the boat in on Friday and take it out on Sunday. We get one for free because we dry dock up on the hill.

FYI they don't shoot the fireworks next to the lake anymore, there at the five star complex now, you can still see them from the lake but it's just not the same.
                  Last edited by Bassdeer; 06-29-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Not a chance.

Comment

It's post like this, that help me understand the need for warning labels...

Comment

Nope don't do it.

Comment

I was on Grapevine a few years ago. Invited by a neighbor, boat in the marina, it'll be fun, yada, yada.

When it was over........

Holy $#@! that was like trying to ride a boat in a washing machine, with 300 of my closest friends. NEVER AGAIN !!

Comment

It will 100 percent depend on where you go on the lake. It will also depend on where you want to put in at and what cities fireworks displays you want to see. Shoot me a pm and I can help you. I’ve lived on it for the past 15 years.

Comment

Too many boats and jet skis going too fast and not driving defensively.. Add in some drinking operators, that’s a big no for me.

If you do go, keep the PFDs on all passengers in the boat, not just the kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X